Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Do you Like theatre?  (Read 910 times)

Offline NPEL

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 1
Do you Like theatre?
« on: April 23, 2020, 07:15:07 pm »
Do you Like theatre? I love play theatre

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Do you Like theatre?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 08:38:01 pm »
Do you attend as a member of the audience or do you act too?

Offline the_nude_topher

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 10:19:23 pm »
I  love attending live theatre. I'm too self-conscious to ever act on stage.

Offline shynudeboy

• Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 10:21:07 pm »
I like going to the theatre; but not pantos. I went to a show the other day and met the main cast!

Online Mettis

• Be free, be nude!
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • INTP the Architect
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 08:25:39 am »
I like going to the theater to see something original like "Nu et Approuvé (Naked and Approved)" which happened at the Palais des Glaces in Paris.

nΔa²t+u(r±e)³ = L(i)fe³ - Σ(cl²ot³h²es)

.: Mettis & Vous ! :.

AmericanSwede

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 12:25:39 pm »
I like going to the theater to see something original like "Nu et Approuvé (Naked and Approved)" which happened at the Palais des Glaces in Paris.

That's fantastic!

Offline the_nude_topher

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 12:47:20 pm »
If only I spoke French

AmericanSwede

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2020, 01:11:57 pm »
I love theatre and, before I moved to NYC, would travel to New York to see everything on Broadway a few times each year. Now that I live here it's a lot cheaper to see things. It's always nice to see nudity live on stage.

'The Inheritance' was brilliant and had full nudity in both Parts 1 and 2. I loved this play, but it didn't do as well here in NY as it did in London.

I had tickets to 'Take Me Out' starring Jesse Williams from Greys Anatomy. I was looking forward to seeing it, but then the theatres were shut down for covid19 quarantine. It's supposed to be rescheduled once NYC opens again. Maybe this Fall. There is a famous shower scene on stage so I am interested in seeing how they do it considering how famous Jesse Williams is now. I'm always very impressed when an actor/actress who is already very famous does full nudity on stage, like Daniel Radcliff in 'Equus' and Nicole Kidman in 'Blue'. (I didn't get to see either of those but the reviews were good.)

I'm too young to have seen 'Oh Calcutta' on Broadway -- one of the two most famous Broadway shows to contain nudity. But I downloaded it online and watched it. It was great. Especially the dance sequence. The other famous one is the musical 'Hair'. Again, I didn't see the first production, but have seen several revivals. Usually I am disappointed in the nudity in 'Hair' because it is often one or two cast members from smaller roles who go totally nude and the rest are topless or underwear. Feels against the time and message of the show to be so conservative.

'Naked Boys Singing' still performs a few nights a month off-Broadway (on hold during this pandemic). The performers were great but the cast is only four men and the stage is essentially a closet. Better to rent the filmed production from the website to see a full cast of performers.

Myself, I went to theatre high school in Sweden, and I took a bath on stage when performing in 'The Caucasian Chalkcircle'. I was 16 and did full frontal. The role and scene called for it so I didn't hesitate, even though I was offered a flesh-toned speedo to wear if I wanted. I know some people in the USA would be concerned by a teen performing fully nude, but in Sweden it wasn't sexualized, it was theatre. (Although I did get more popular.) That production won accolades and we ended up on cultural trips to Russia and Germany. In Berlin the theatre director of the Brecht Ensemble commended me for my craft and professionalism.

I don't have as much time these days to do a full production, but I do perform improv.

Offline NPEL

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2020, 01:18:42 pm »
I love theatre and, before I moved to NYC, would travel to New York to see everything on Broadway a few times each year. Now that I live here it's a lot cheaper to see things. It's always nice to see nudity live on stage.

'The Inheritance' was brilliant and had full nudity in both Parts 1 and 2. I loved this play, but it didn't do as well here in NY as it did in London.

I had tickets to 'Take Me Out' starring Jesse Williams from Greys Anatomy. I was looking forward to seeing it, but then the theatres were shut down for covid19 quarantine. It's supposed to be rescheduled once NYC opens again. Maybe this Fall. There is a famous shower scene on stage so I am interested in seeing how they do it considering how famous Jesse Williams is now. I'm always very impressed when an actor/actress who is already very famous does full nudity on stage, like Daniel Radcliff in 'Equus' and Nicole Kidman in 'Blue'. (I didn't get to see either of those but the reviews were good.)

I'm too young to have seen 'Oh Calcutta' on Broadway -- one of the two most famous Broadway shows to contain nudity. But I downloaded it online and watched it. It was great. Especially the dance sequence. The other famous one is the musical 'Hair'. Again, I didn't see the first production, but have seen several revivals. Usually I am disappointed in the nudity in 'Hair' because it is often one or two cast members from smaller roles who go totally nude and the rest are topless or underwear. Feels against the time and message of the show to be so conservative.

'Naked Boys Singing' still performs a few nights a month off-Broadway (on hold during this pandemic). The performers were great but the cast is only four men and the stage is essentially a closet. Better to rent the filmed production from the website to see a full cast of performers.

Myself, I went to theatre high school in Sweden, and I took a bath on stage when performing in 'The Caucasian Chalkcircle'. I was 16 and did full frontal. The role and scene called for it so I didn't hesitate, even though I was offered a flesh-toned speedo to wear if I wanted. I know some people in the USA would be concerned by a teen performing fully nude, but in Sweden it wasn't sexualized, it was theatre. (Although I did get more popular.) That production won accolades and we ended up on cultural trips to Russia and Germany. In Berlin the theatre director of the Brecht Ensemble commended me for my craft and professionalism.

I don't have as much time these days to do a full production, but I do perform improv.

Incredible👏👏👏👏. I was in underwear in scene during a bath but not nude

Offline NPEL

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2020, 01:19:40 pm »
Do you attend as a member of the audience or do you act too?

I act too, its a fantastic experience

Offline Spamaven34

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 01:31:45 pm »
I do enjoy seeing the big broadway shows when they come in to town. So far I’ve seen Hamilton, Book of Mormon, Aladdin, and Lion King.

Online Mettis

• Be free, be nude!
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • INTP the Architect
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2020, 04:07:14 pm »
If only I spoke French

Yes, I know there is no English subtitling  :embarrassed:
But it's never too late to learn a new language  :wink:

-----
Incredible👏👏👏👏. I was in underwear in scene during a bath but not nude

That's already mate  :wink:
I was naked like all the spectators of the Palais des Glaces theater.  :azn:
nΔa²t+u(r±e)³ = L(i)fe³ - Σ(cl²ot³h²es)

.: Mettis & Vous ! :.

Offline NudistMetalHead

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2020, 12:41:27 pm »
I like going to the theatre and have also performed in theatre.
"Don't talk to strangers 'cause they're only there to do you harm"- Ronnie James Dio

Offline Tree

• Shouting it out loud
  • And we danced!
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2020, 05:16:48 pm »
I took a free acting course just before lockdown started.
A secret's ever safely placed with honest folk and leal;
And secrets trusted unto me are in a locked-up house
Whose keys are lost and on whose door is set the Cadi's seal.
~ From the 1001 Arabian Nights

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2020, 07:14:28 pm »
Is there a play that you (open question to all) would want to act in?