Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Star Trek: Picard  (Read 9523 times)

Surin Blastanos

Star Trek: Picard
« on: April 27, 2020, 07:00:43 pm »
Has anyone watched through the first season of Picard? If so, what are your thoughts?

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Star Trek: Picard
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 07:23:27 pm »
I want to, but haven't gotten the chance to yet. Sadness. Best Star Trek Captain ever though.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Ad1210

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 07:47:43 pm »
Thought it was very well done.  Always felt like something new but respectfully done.  My only tiny gripe was with the copy and paste cgi fleet at the end- this wouldve been much better :-)

Surin Blastanos

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 08:17:05 pm »
Thought it was very well done.  Always felt like something new but respectfully done.  My only tiny gripe was with the copy and paste cgi fleet at the end- this wouldve been much better :-)

Oh my, that would have been amazing.

Surin Blastanos

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 08:17:51 pm »
SLIGHT SPOILER: I did love that the romulans have at least 5 planetary sterilisation patterns, which seems like overkill.

Offline HJ1997

• Topless with bottoms
  • 22 yr old male from SW Illinois (Not Chicago)
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 08:18:09 pm »
Just finished the season Saturday night. Well worth watching!

Offline Octavia

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • She/Her
  • Referrals: 3
    • Revolutionary Nudism
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 08:22:09 pm »
I thought it was good! Some pacing issues, and I have my fair share of gripes (especially regarding the handling of returning characters that weren't part of a main cast, but I won't get into that), but it's still a good show with heart and I think it's worth checking out.

Surin Blastanos

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2020, 10:22:53 pm »
I thought it was good! Some pacing issues, and I have my fair share of gripes (especially regarding the handling of returning characters that weren't part of a main cast, but I won't get into that), but it's still a good show with heart and I think it's worth checking out.
That's fair, there were definite problems with pacing, especially early on. I enjoyed the Deep Space Nine-esqe theme of the Federation not always being the good guys, but it didn't really go anywhere later on. I do think the ending sets up some good morality questions for the next season.

Offline Longingtobenude

• Shouting it out loud
  • Hello:)
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2020, 10:07:14 am »
I just finished watching this yesterday.  Legit had me tearing up at multiple points. 

Offline TheMattinator

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Now worth 87p!
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2020, 10:51:40 am »
I liked it :) I kinda wanted more space battles and cool ships but yeh, he's getting old i guess xD

Offline Paula MZ

• I like nude swimming
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude with Towel
  • Who takes nude holidays, too?
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2020, 11:23:35 am »
i liked the series, but the first episodes were better than the end

Offline Mettis

• Be free, be nude!
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Become a part of nature
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2020, 11:54:34 am »

Sounds like being a 7th great series like the previous ones... but I don't have Amazon Prime Video  :cry:
nΔa²t+u(r±e)³ = L(i)fe³ - Σ(cl²ot³h²es)

.: Mettis & Vous ! :.

Surin Blastanos

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2020, 12:35:30 pm »

Sounds like being a 7th great series like the previous ones... but I don't have Amazon Prime Video  :cry:
It is "Included with Prime", so you could start a free month's trial and watch it, and then cancel the subscription.

Offline Mettis

• Be free, be nude!
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Become a part of nature
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2020, 05:25:22 pm »

It is "Included with Prime", so you could start a free month's trial and watch it, and then cancel the subscription.

@Surin Blastanos  Thanks for the information, but I think I will find an alternative solution of the pirate streaming type.   :rotfl2:  :rotfl2:
nΔa²t+u(r±e)³ = L(i)fe³ - Σ(cl²ot³h²es)

.: Mettis & Vous ! :.

Offline Bobbert

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2020, 11:57:38 am »
My wife and I loved it.  It was great how the music picked up where Nemesis left off, and the first scene picked up where the final scene of TNG left off.  Also, the fact that Picard had a flute theme was really appropriate per TNG.  I'm also super nerdy about the Star Trek uniforms, and these were pretty good.
I kinda wonder where they go next season.  They have that big empty ship and a full crew, and they're not part of the federation.  It seems like it could wind up being a Firefly-type scenario.