Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Kai Beverly-Whittemore, former Jock Sturges Model, Body of Work, 2010  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Body of Work (2010) Coming soon.

At seven, Kai Beverly-Whittemore first posed for controversial photographer Jock Sturges. At thirteen, she began living nude at Sturges' adopted Naturist community. At nineteen, she got her own video-camera. In the face of the maelstrom of opinions hurled by the art world, family, and the FBI, Kai forges her own journey: from the naked girl in front of the camera to the naked eye behind it.

My mom always says, “You know who you are by what you make.” I’m 26 now, and since I was 7, I have posed nude for controversial photographer Jock Sturges.
Looking back over the images we made together I wonder, what do the images tell me about myself? Drawing upon hundreds of hours of home movie footage and hand-drawn animation sequences, Body of Work, a feature-length documentary, chronicles my transition from girl to woman and ultimately, from subject to artist.

Kai Beverly-Whittemore (American, b. 1983/Director/ DP/ Producer/Editor/Subject)

Born in 1983, Kai Beverly-Whittemore began posing for photographer Jock Sturges as a child; her essay about their collaboration appeared in Sturges’ Notes. Beverly-Whittemore studied visual art and philosophy at the University of Chicago (BA 2005 honors) under a merit-based full-tuition scholarship. Her shorts, Elsa Over Head (2004) and Unfixed (2005) screened at DocFilms and the Ukrainian Institute of Modern Art’s Body Image Show, respectively. Her film Body Of Work was invited to the 2007 ifp Documentary Rough Cut Lab and ifp’s 2008 Independent Film Week. Kai and Miranda Beverly-Whittemore are collaborating on the screenplay adaptation of Miranda’s novel, The Effects of Light. which was shortlisted for the 2009 Sundance Screenwriter’s Lab. Her short, Half a Stop was recently awarded honorable mention from Killer Films/Massify.com Online Production Grant.

http://bodyofworkmovie.com/pages/about.html

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

randomer909

Re: Kai Beverly-Whittemore, former Jock Sturges Model, Body of Work, 2010
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 02:20:32 am »
I think this would be interesting to see to understand her views over the photos of her at a you g age and the lifestyle she has been brought up in. If anyone could find an Internet link to it when's it released that would be great :)

Nude_not_rude

Re: Kai Beverly-Whittemore, former Jock Sturges Model, Body of Work, 2010
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 04:38:22 am »
This does sound interesting. I always wonder what the models  think about it all.