Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Skyrim?  (Read 719 times)

Nudist.12

Skyrim?
« on: June 13, 2020, 11:03:18 am »
Does anybody play Skyrim? I have tried playing it before, but I don't really know how to get good at it. It seems so complicated and vast, that is a bit intimidating. I don't know which parts to level up, what to spend money on, how to develop the right skills, and really how to do anything accept easy quests.

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Skyrim?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 05:21:13 pm »
It's one of my favorite games. I've probably bought it, like, 4 times overall. And I've beaten it 2 times. Recently I did a 95% completion game on it. (only 95% cause I can't ever do the Blades story line)

My best advise for it is to NOT worry too much about leveling up. Like, put your points to what feels right. They explain pretty easily on certain things like Archer or casting kinda things. There is literally hundreds of ways to play it.

Don't worry too much on the money. After awhile of playing you'll be flooded in the gold. Don't ever buy items or weapons/armor from shops. You'll find much better stuff off of monsters and "bosses" that you kill.

Either way, good luck and have fun with it! If you ever need any help with it don't be afraid to message me. I play on PC and I mod the original (mostly with nudist mods, lol) but I play the Special Edition just normal.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline TheNudeBot

• Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 8
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 08:35:19 pm »
The game doesn’t really punish you for not specializing in a combat type. You’ll be stronger if you specialize, but it’s better to take the time to learn the difference types on a lower difficulty is you’re new to the game and it’s mechanics
Hanging out with everything out

Offline Naturalguy87

• Shouting it out loud
  • Can't PM cuz of a banned member lol
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 08:43:00 pm »
Skyrim is a lot of fun, definitely a non linear sandbox type RPG where you can explore and do quests to your heart's content.

In terms of levelling, your skills level up automatically as you use them.  Pretty simple.  Each time you level up a skill, you gain XP towards an overall character level.  When that happens, you gain a perk which you can put in any of the many skill trees (constellations) if you have the base level requirement for it.  When you level up you also get to choose to get an increase of health, stamina, or magicka.

Unless you plan to be a mage character from the start, I wouldn't invest in magicka until much later in the game (maybe level 40 or so).  If you're a melee character, focus on levelling up with health and stamina.

As far as perks go, put them into skills that will benefit your playstyle.  Using a one handed weapon and a shield?  Invest points there.  Using a two handed weapon and no shield?  Invest in two handed and either light or heavy armor depending on what you wear.

There are no rules to any of this.  Just some suggestions.  Have fun and do a lot of exploring.  If you run into a quest that is giving you trouble (enemies too powerful, etc) you can either dial down the difficulty on the spot, or, simply leave and go do some other quests, level up a bit and then go back.

Have fun!