Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Anyone else here a programmer?  (Read 14273 times)

Surin Blastanos

Re: Anyone else here a programmer?
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2020, 09:00:48 pm »
I'm not entirely sure I count, I've in the last year started learning coding and game design. I have a very basic understanding of the basics of using Python and I've glanced at HTML but that's about it.

That counts in my book! Everyone has to start somewhere, and Python and HTML are some good places to start if I do say so myself. Best of luck on your learning journey!

Python especially; far more readable than other languages such as C++ or Java
Seconded, it's so versatile as well, it's used for machine learning and backends as well. I love it.

Offline TheMattinator

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Now worth 87p!
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2020, 08:05:01 am »
JavaScript is my jam.  :afro:

Offline Interested Nudist

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • This is America. You can always cut a deal.
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2020, 01:16:05 pm »

Javascript is really good. You can design your own web applications if you become proficient in it enough.
"It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates

coolstolSE

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2020, 02:53:47 pm »

Javascript is really good. You can design your own web applications if you become proficient in it enough.

I though java sucked? That's what my teacher told me

Surin Blastanos

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2020, 08:55:09 pm »

I though java sucked? That's what my teacher told me
Java and JavaScript are(confusingly) unrelated languages

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2020, 09:52:02 pm »
Here is a summary of the main programming languages:

Java is a very powerful language and is used for android development.

Javascript is used for web development

Python is great language for getting into machine learning because of its powerful abilities

C++ is used in the gaming industry and gives you total control over your computer. Doesn't even question is what you are about to run might break your computer. Assumes you know what you are doing.

C#, which is be used for applications and websites too, with html on the front and c# behind

Block Code is used to provide a very simplified version of coding for younger people, since syntax is no longer a problem. Meant to teach the logic of coding
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 01:39:31 pm by Interested Nudist »
"It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates

Offline TheMattinator

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Now worth 87p!
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2020, 08:56:12 am »
Also there's C#, which can be used for applications and websites too, with html on the front and c# behind. I think that's what my dad uses for his job, I get the impression is quite a big one too

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2020, 01:38:06 pm »
Also there's C#, which can be used for applications and websites too, with html on the front and c# behind. I think that's what my dad uses for his job, I get the impression is quite a big one too

Oh yeah, almost forgot about that one. It is pretty important too. I'll add it to the list

Offline JustARando

• Spider-dude
  • Nude with Towel
  • Not sure what this is.
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2020, 06:29:41 am »
Ooh, what an interesting topic.

I'm also a programmer. Learned a bit of java and C#, but I somehow got shifted to working with databases, business intelligence, and analytics. Right now I'm trying to learn R and Python for machine learning.
Don't be afraid to try something new.

Offline CatBug

• One of Two Malaysians here
  • Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
  • Life is short, Live to it's fullest!
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2020, 10:33:19 am »
Here is a summary of the main programming languages:

Java is a very powerful language and is used for android development.

Javascript is used for web development

Python is great language for getting into machine learning because of its powerful abilities

C++ is used in the gaming industry and gives you total control over your computer. Doesn't even question is what you are about to run might break your computer. Assumes you know what you are doing.

C#, which is be used for applications and websites too, with html on the front and c# behind

Block Code is used to provide a very simplified version of coding for younger people, since syntax is no longer a problem. Meant to teach the logic of coding

C# is also used for games. Its Unity's programming language which I am using. Well.. I guess any language can be used for games to some extend :P
Would like to know all of you! Feel free to contact me, just PM :)

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2020, 02:21:11 pm »
C# is also used for games. Its Unity's programming language which I am using. Well.. I guess any language can be used for games to some extend :P

Yeah, python is also used in the Renpy Game Engine which is used for visual novels.

Offline nudeeer

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2020, 04:06:17 pm »
I've always been a nerdy kid. I took up programming and web development when I was about 14 and have self-taught myself PHP/mySQL, javascript, and all the various web markup languages from that point on. It doesn't really have anything to do with my career but having a knowledge of programming and how stuff works is definitely helpful when working with any technology. My industry is Excel-heavy, and it's also not a big leap to do some programming-type things in it, so it helps.

I also help to develop and maintain a web game I've played for over a decade which runs on PHP. Plus I always seem to be finding ways to use it for myself on my personal/private website.

Offline Mr S

• What do you do?
  • Nude with Towel
  • Hey guys! Looking to make new friends :D
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2020, 05:50:29 pm »
I have basic knowledges about Python language. I would like to expand my skills in programming. Which languages do you all recommend?
Today is always THE day

Surin Blastanos

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2020, 10:27:28 pm »
I have basic knowledges about Python language. I would like to expand my skills in programming. Which languages do you all recommend?
Java's a pretty good introduction to Object Oriented programming

Offline CatBug

• One of Two Malaysians here
  • Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
  • Life is short, Live to it's fullest!
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2020, 10:26:17 am »
Is there anyone else out here that likes coding or software development. Its a good career to pursue since it can be done almost entirely from home and pays well too. So if you had this job it would make it possible to be naked almost all the time if you wanted to so that is a bonus. Besides, it really unlocks your creative potential and encourages critical thinking.

Unfortunately I’m not big brained enough for it but it looks like a really promising career with the rise of technology

Its not a big brain thingy haha. Also you said you're good at maths right? That helps alot. I suck at maths but I still can code, but I'm abit slow.
Would like to know all of you! Feel free to contact me, just PM :)