Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Anyone else here a programmer?  (Read 14247 times)

Offline FelixH2020

• Teens Only Member
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Will change picture when more confidence!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Anyone else here a programmer?
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2020, 03:18:12 pm »
I have build some websites for family and friends but it is all in wordpress so I cannot say I am a programmer or developer I think!

I would like to learn some coding but am now in medicine so it is not so easy to find the time to learn it - I think combination of the two skills might make me a superman who can cure every problem in the world though!  :thinking:

With some html and css skill what is the next thing I should try and learn?

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 14
    • My website
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2020, 09:01:11 am »
I have build some websites for family and friends but it is all in wordpress so I cannot say I am a programmer or developer I think!

I would like to learn some coding but am now in medicine so it is not so easy to find the time to learn it - I think combination of the two skills might make me a superman who can cure every problem in the world though!  :thinking:

IMO you should start with the basics, like C++, then move on to stuff like java

Offline PBA

• Teens Only Member
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2020, 10:30:56 pm »
Not a programmer, but im in a trade program for computer hardware, networking and security

Offline Interested Nudist

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • This is America. You can always cut a deal.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2020, 01:05:36 am »

Huh, I found Java to be easier to learn than C++. Guess that's just me
"It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates

Offline ejniceguy

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2020, 02:04:35 am »

Huh, I found Java to be easier to learn than C++. Guess that's just me

I personally feel like Java was easier for me to pick up as well honestly. Once I got used to the syntax and such, Java made it so much easier for me to understand the concepts behind object oriented programming IMO.

Offline CatBug

• One of Two Malaysians here
  • Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
  • Life is short, Live to it's fullest!
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2020, 07:01:59 am »
I don't think there is too much difference if you start with C++ / C# or Java for learning. It's the basic concepts that you need to know.
Would like to know all of you! Feel free to contact me, just PM :)

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2020, 09:33:10 am »
C++ is very much not designed to be a language that can easily be picked up. The concepts are not that different from other languages, but it has a lot more potential for working with the bare metal and getting hurt in the process, and a lot of historical baggage. A valuable skill to learn, but probably not as an intro to programming.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Borter

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2020, 02:09:04 pm »
I have basic knowledges about Python language. I would like to expand my skills in programming. Which languages do you all recommend?

It depends on what you want to do. If you want to go into embedded development (write software for devices) I would suggests C++ (and C for very lowlevel tasks), for Windows Desktop applications perhaps C# would be better, for Android Java or Kotlin, for Web development its good to start with php and JavaScript (also if it is possible to do it also with Java on server side).

If you want to become more professional on websites I would suggest JavaScript (needed for scripting on the browser side) and php (for scripting on server side).

Offline Gusse

• Topless with bottoms
  • Can you feel the spacetime distortion?
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2020, 09:50:07 pm »
I think that nowdays node.js is very good to know. You can make desktop apps with it with electron, you can use node.js to code server-side. Node.js also has a good package manager npm. So I will suggest node.js. It is also good way to move on from python-like languages to more advanced languages like C.

If there needs to be semicolon after command in a language, it is advanced language.
"We are psychos."
"And I am history."

Offline FelixH2020

• Teens Only Member
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Will change picture when more confidence!
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2020, 10:33:30 am »
C++ is very much not designed to be a language that can easily be picked up. The concepts are not that different from other languages, but it has a lot more potential for working with the bare metal and getting hurt in the process, and a lot of historical baggage. A valuable skill to learn, but probably not as an intro to programming.

Thanks! I think it looks like Java for me next then  :coffee2

Offline ejniceguy

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2020, 07:22:53 pm »
I'm currently studying computer science and I've been taught that, once you know the different paradigms, and you know what you want to make and how to make it, then that should govern your choice of language. Hi early though, any relatively universal language like C (++/#) or Java would be best to move on to as you can use them in a great many scenarios.

We're doing C# because we are making games in Unity2D, but I'd much rather use C++ or Python because that's where my familiarity and (limited) experience lies.

A quote from my professor that always stood with me is the hardest programming language to learn is your first one. Which makes a lot of sense, because a lot of the concepts are similar between many of the more popular languages. And at that point, all you need to do is figure out the differences in syntax and such between languages A and B, which is easy enough to determine once you know what you’re looking for.

Offline TheNudeBot

• Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 8
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2020, 02:53:17 am »

Ironically, C++ is the language my college uses for its Computer Science 1 & 2 courses
Hanging out with everything out

Soldyrkare

« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2020, 07:32:44 am »
A bit. I like it tbh, it can be a lot of fun and it's very creative. I'm not super adept at it at the moment but I'm learning.

Offline TheMattinator

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Now worth 87p!
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2021, 03:23:45 pm »

Ironically, C++ is the language my college uses for its Computer Science 1 & 2 courses

isnt it really old? do people still use it for real things?

Soldyrkare

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2021, 09:38:28 pm »

isnt it really old? do people still use it for real things?

It is old but incredibly powerful. You have full control more or less, and it's the main language used when building larger scale applications because of its resource efficiency. Also it's fun, I'd say, lol.