Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: 'Naked Athena' Faces Down Federal Cops at Portland Protest — and They Back Down  (Read 15877 times)

AmericanSwede

Ah yes, controversial political subjects like "innocent people being murdered because of their skin color is a bad thing". Definitely not something people should talk about. Wouldn't want to divide people on whether murder is wrong /s

On a less snarky note, I have to agree with Riot on this one. Nude protests are nothing new or special, and this wasn't even an effective one. If she had been black, I'd bet she wouldn't have been able to do that without getting at best arrested and at worst killed. White people being naked at a protest about black lives should not be getting more attention and praise than black activists doing meaningful things. (Yes, I know that nudity is the point of the forum and whatnot, but it's still not a good look)

See, now this thread is blown. Saying a white person putting their life - and body - on the line for a cause should not be covered as much as a black person? That’s wrong, period.

All the assumptions being made in this thread are just wrong. It’s become impossible to have reasoned and thoughtful discourse any more.

Safe for people to comment from their laptop about people on the front lines risking everything.

Smh

Offline NakedShadow

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Vivre Sa Vie
  • Referrals: 0
She didn't end the police presence, they just went to a different part of the protests and continued beating the shit out of the protesters.

What the fuck these police doing anyways? They are the epitome of the very thing people are protesting against! they are only proving that police are violent who needlessly beat the shit out of people. It's really aggravating to see this kind of behavior from them.

(And this is a big reason why I get annoyed when nudists here complain about how not being able to be naked outside in more public places is some kind of great oppression. )

Do people really say that? This sounds like an anonymous internet user wishing to see naked people rather than a real nudist

Offline NakedShadow

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Vivre Sa Vie
  • Referrals: 0
Ah yes, controversial political subjects like "innocent people being murdered because of their skin color is a bad thing". Definitely not something people should talk about. Wouldn't want to divide people on whether murder is wrong /s

On a less snarky note, I have to agree with Riot on this one. Nude protests are nothing new or special, and this wasn't even an effective one. If she had been black, I'd bet she wouldn't have been able to do that without getting at best arrested and at worst killed. White people being naked at a protest about black lives should not be getting more attention and praise than black activists doing meaningful things. (Yes, I know that nudity is the point of the forum and whatnot, but it's still not a good look)

Yeah I didn't want to say anything but her being a pretty white lady is the reason why the cops didn't beat her. She'll still probably get rape threats on comments sections where the video gets posted but if she was black, well it makes sick thinking of the racial slurs she would have gotten

AmericanSwede

Yeah I didn't want to say anything but her being a pretty white lady is the reason why the cops didn't beat her. She'll still probably get rape threats on comments sections where the video gets posted but if she was black, well it makes sick thinking of the racial slurs she would have gotten

This thread is gross and fucked up. I’m out.

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
This thread is long past derailed but discussing current events always carries that risk.

I'm everywhere and nowhere