Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: 'Naked Athena' Faces Down Federal Cops at Portland Protest — and They Back Down  (Read 15850 times)

Offline NudistMetalHead

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
That was a very bold move.  I applaud her.
"Don't talk to strangers 'cause they're only there to do you harm"- Ronnie James Dio

Offline blank radar

• Teens Only Member
  • Naturist Superhero
  • he/him
  • Referrals: 2
I wonder what made her decide to stand in front of the police line naked? It seemed rather brave, but if public nudity is considered illegal in Portland, it could’ve given them a reason to arrest her
to be fair, they'd find a "reason" to arrest anyone anyways. but i too applaud her - we need more people like her (in multiple ways).

Offline NakedShadow

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Vivre Sa Vie
I wonder what made her decide to stand in front of the police line naked? It seemed rather brave, but if public nudity is considered illegal in Portland, it could’ve given them a reason to arrest her

Stripping down and protesting naked is a common form of protest. Due to the nudity it will guarantee media attention and the symbology of being naked means that you are vulnerable.
In Portland being naked as a form of protest isn't illegal, that's how the Naked Bike Ride in Portland is formed every year. But considering how Nazi/Stasi like the Portland police have been, they don't need a reason to arrest her if they wanted to

Offline the_nude_topher

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1

Stripping down and protesting naked is a common form of protest. Due to the nudity it will guarantee media attention and the symbology of being naked means that you are vulnerable.
In Portland being naked as a form of protest isn't illegal, that's how the Naked Bike Ride in Portland is formed every year. But considering how Nazi/Stasi like the Portland police have been, they don't need a reason to arrest her if they wanted to

Even worse, the Cheeto in Charge is now sending federal "police" with no agency identification.

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
Surprised they didn't try tossing her into a van since this country is fast becoming a banana republic. She's an absolute legend.

Offline Interested Nudist

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • This is America. You can always cut a deal.
Very brave of her to do that. Those police sure were surprised thats for sure. Was a nice form of protest though. Glad nothing happened to her. The police there right now need little reason to arrest anybody. 
"It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates

AmericanSwede

She’s a champion and represents the true conscience of the Portlanders I know and love.

I grew up in Oregon (right outside Portland) and Sweden, so I am keenly aware of what’s happening there. It’s so sad.

It’s not the police’s fault. The Proud Boys vs. Antifa turned Portland into a war zone, and the gangs and taggers have seized the moment to cause a ruckus. Because Portland has a very pro First Amendment liberal standing, sometimes the wrong types take advantage.

I wish all protests were nude. They would be far more peaceful. 

Riot.EXE

She didn't end the police presence, they just went to a different part of the protests and continued beating the shit out of the protesters.

Offline Interested Nudist

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • This is America. You can always cut a deal.
She didn't end the police presence, they just went to a different part of the protests and continued beating the shit out of the protesters.

What the fuck these police doing anyways? They are the epitome of the very thing people are protesting against! they are only proving that police are violent who needlessly beat the shit out of people. It's really aggravating to see this kind of behavior from them.
"It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates

Riot.EXE

What the fuck these police doing anyways? They are the epitome of the very thing people are protesting against! they are only proving that police are violent who needlessly beat the shit out of people. It's really aggravating to see this kind of behavior from them.

It's a mix of them and the federal agents. It's suppression and REAL oppression. Whatever it takes to maintain the status quo. There's still mexicans in cages. There's still women getting assaulted and not seeing justice. Us black people are still getting singled out and being targets of racist behavior, and motherfuckers wanna act like all this shit is okay. The protesters are fighting against all of this and so much more. There's still problems that need solving, but the higher powers that be don't give a shit.

(And this is a big reason why I get annoyed when nudists here complain about how not being able to be naked outside in more public places is some kind of great oppression. No one's killing you in the streets because you're a fucking nudist. No one cares about nudists. You don't know what oppression is...especially considering the VAST majority of nudism is cis white men...sometimes gay, but VERY VERY VERY WHITE and privileged. There's much bigger problems to solve and you'd better wake up to that!)

AmericanSwede

It's a mix of them and the federal agents. It's suppression and REAL oppression. Whatever it takes to maintain the status quo. There's still mexicans in cages. There's still women getting assaulted and not seeing justice. Us black people are still getting singled out and being targets of racist behavior, and motherfuckers wanna act like all this shit is okay. The protesters are fighting against all of this and so much more. There's still problems that need solving, but the higher powers that be don't give a shit.

(And this is a big reason why I get annoyed when nudists here complain about how not being able to be naked outside in more public places is some kind of great oppression. No one's killing you in the streets because you're a fucking nudist. No one cares about nudists. You don't know what oppression is...especially considering the VAST majority of nudism is cis white men...sometimes gay, but VERY VERY VERY WHITE and privileged. There's much bigger problems to solve and you'd better wake up to that!)

Unfortunately, this has gotten politicized which is something we're not to do in this forum. Because this forum tries to not be divisive.

I have been in the riots in Portland. I still have footage on my phone from two years ago. There's a lot to what's happening in Portland -- and across this country -- and it's not as simple as bad police beating good protesters.

I remember Occupy Wall Street and the problems they had of the protest camps being infiltrated by some serious criminals. Seattle had the same issues in their CHOP zone. Here in NYC we've had it as well.

Riot.EXE

Unfortunately, this has gotten politicized which is something we're not to do in this forum. Because this forum tries to not be divisive.

I have been in the riots in Portland. I still have footage on my phone from two years ago. There's a lot to what's happening in Portland -- and across this country -- and it's not as simple as bad police beating good protesters.

I remember Occupy Wall Street and the problems they had of the protest camps being infiltrated by some serious criminals. Seattle had the same issues in their CHOP zone. Here in NYC we've had it as well.

Yeah, I'm aware of everything you speak of. Can't really complain about "this getting politicized" because 1 - "Naked Athena" or whatever the hell her name actually is, did her thing in a VERY POLITICIZED SITUATION, and of course people here were gonna flock to that because any time a naked person is in the news they're immediately thought of as "OH ANOTHER NUDIST OUR NUMBERS WILL GO UP YAAAAAY" and all that bullshit. 2 - Considering what the main catalyst was to these weeks of protests, and as I am an Afro-Latino man in the United States of America, I -HAVE- to give a shit. The lives of myself and my people are constantly at stake as it is, and considering how fucking "white" nudism as a whole is, y'all might want to consider giving a damn about these things as well and allowing discussion about it. Y'all definitely need more diversity aside from "the youth". 3 - To just sit here and ignore what's going on in the world right now is just naive and ignorant.

Offline blank radar

• Teens Only Member
  • Naturist Superhero
  • he/him
Yeah, I'm aware of everything you speak of. Can't really complain about "this getting politicized" because 1 - "Naked Athena" or whatever the hell her name actually is, did her thing in a VERY POLITICIZED SITUATION, and of course people here were gonna flock to that because any time a naked person is in the news they're immediately thought of as "OH ANOTHER NUDIST OUR NUMBERS WILL GO UP YAAAAAY" and all that bullshit. 2 - Considering what the main catalyst was to these weeks of protests, and as I am an Afro-Latino man in the United States of America, I -HAVE- to give a shit. The lives of myself and my people are constantly at stake as it is, and considering how fucking "white" nudism as a whole is, y'all might want to consider giving a damn about these things as well and allowing discussion about it. Y'all definitely need more diversity aside from "the youth". 3 - To just sit here and ignore what's going on in the world right now is just naive and ignorant.
he's got a point, you know. black lives matter or bust.

Offline Octavia

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • She/Her
  • Referrals: 3
    • Revolutionary Nudism
Ah yes, controversial political subjects like "innocent people being murdered because of their skin color is a bad thing". Definitely not something people should talk about. Wouldn't want to divide people on whether murder is wrong /s

On a less snarky note, I have to agree with Riot on this one. Nude protests are nothing new or special, and this wasn't even an effective one. If she had been black, I'd bet she wouldn't have been able to do that without getting at best arrested and at worst killed. White people being naked at a protest about black lives should not be getting more attention and praise than black activists doing meaningful things. (Yes, I know that nudity is the point of the forum and whatnot, but it's still not a good look)