General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > The Hobby Hut

Any re-enactors?

(1/5) > >>

Hrafn:
I got into historical re-enactment a couple of years ago, and while there's no way I'd want to fight anyone naked, I figured I'd ask.
Are there any other historical re-enactors here, or even just history enthusiasts? I do Viking age re-enactment, and for the most part everyone else in my group kicks my arse since they've nearly all been at it way longer than I have.

Northman:
Not right up re-enactment, but I consider myself a history enthusiast with a secret longing for the knowledge and skills to create historically accurate artefacts.

I have these reoccurring thoughts of wanting to try out primitive bushcraft skills and live like a caveman. But there is also the viking longship I want to build. But at the core of things, I would want to have a proper workshop and a forge and try out making various things and experiment.  :thinking:

Hrafn:

--- Quote from: Northman on July 24, 2020, 12:27:20 pm ---Not right up re-enactment, but I consider myself a history enthusiast with a secret longing for the knowledge and skills to create historically accurate artefacts.

I have these reoccurring thoughts of wanting to try out primitive bushcraft skills and live like a caveman. But there is also the viking longship I want to build. But at the core of things, I would want to have a proper workshop and a forge and try out making various things and experiment.  :thinking:

--- End quote ---

'Primitive' skills can honestly be quite useful, at least potentially. I tried making a stone axehead over quarantine, but I don't think I had the right kinds of rock since most of my attempts broke long before I could finish them.
Yeah, that's true, but if that's your calling, you can certainly work towards it. I'd love to do blacksmithing one day, but for now I'll just have to settle for sewing :')

DrgHybrid:
I use to do Amtgard (https://amtgard.com/) and had a blast with it but stopped doing it just cause of time...at the time. Now I just couldn't get back into it even if I wanted to.

My minor in college was Mythological Historian though, so I do love history and either watch tons of history stuff or a few various other things on tv. Lately it's been about Stalin.

Hrafn:

--- Quote from: DrgHybrid on July 25, 2020, 12:45:39 am ---I use to do Amtgard (https://amtgard.com/) and had a blast with it but stopped doing it just cause of time...at the time. Now I just couldn't get back into it even if I wanted to.

My minor in college was Mythological Historian though, so I do love history and either watch tons of history stuff or a few various other things on tv. Lately it's been about Stalin.

--- End quote ---

That sounds interesting. I think I prefer steel, but padded weapons seem like something you could reasonably get away with for nude martials arts lol.
Ooh, that's cool. Honestly most of my knowledge of history and mythology is from Youtube or general internet reading, I need to get some books some day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version