Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Any re-enactors?  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Hrafn

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Any re-enactors?
« on: July 24, 2020, 05:31:14 am »
I got into historical re-enactment a couple of years ago, and while there's no way I'd want to fight anyone naked, I figured I'd ask.
Are there any other historical re-enactors here, or even just history enthusiasts? I do Viking age re-enactment, and for the most part everyone else in my group kicks my arse since they've nearly all been at it way longer than I have.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
Re: Any re-enactors?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 12:27:20 pm »
Not right up re-enactment, but I consider myself a history enthusiast with a secret longing for the knowledge and skills to create historically accurate artefacts.

I have these reoccurring thoughts of wanting to try out primitive bushcraft skills and live like a caveman. But there is also the viking longship I want to build. But at the core of things, I would want to have a proper workshop and a forge and try out making various things and experiment.  :thinking:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 12:35:08 pm by Northman »

Offline Hrafn

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 09:43:23 pm »
Not right up re-enactment, but I consider myself a history enthusiast with a secret longing for the knowledge and skills to create historically accurate artefacts.

I have these reoccurring thoughts of wanting to try out primitive bushcraft skills and live like a caveman. But there is also the viking longship I want to build. But at the core of things, I would want to have a proper workshop and a forge and try out making various things and experiment.  :thinking:

'Primitive' skills can honestly be quite useful, at least potentially. I tried making a stone axehead over quarantine, but I don't think I had the right kinds of rock since most of my attempts broke long before I could finish them.
Yeah, that's true, but if that's your calling, you can certainly work towards it. I'd love to do blacksmithing one day, but for now I'll just have to settle for sewing :')

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 12:45:39 am »
I use to do Amtgard (https://amtgard.com/) and had a blast with it but stopped doing it just cause of time...at the time. Now I just couldn't get back into it even if I wanted to.

My minor in college was Mythological Historian though, so I do love history and either watch tons of history stuff or a few various other things on tv. Lately it's been about Stalin.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline Hrafn

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 12:57:27 am »
I use to do Amtgard (https://amtgard.com/) and had a blast with it but stopped doing it just cause of time...at the time. Now I just couldn't get back into it even if I wanted to.

My minor in college was Mythological Historian though, so I do love history and either watch tons of history stuff or a few various other things on tv. Lately it's been about Stalin.

That sounds interesting. I think I prefer steel, but padded weapons seem like something you could reasonably get away with for nude martials arts lol.
Ooh, that's cool. Honestly most of my knowledge of history and mythology is from Youtube or general internet reading, I need to get some books some day.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 06:50:48 pm »

Hiking like this would be interesting.  :thinking:

Offline Hrafn

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 07:36:55 pm »

Hiking like this would be interesting.  :thinking:

It'd be a hell of a good way to test out how functional my soft kit is

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2020, 06:55:40 pm »
@Hrafn what do you have in this "soft kit"?

Offline Hrafn

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2020, 09:42:00 pm »
Sorry, I think that's a bit of a re-enactorism. Soft kit refers mostly to casual/civilian clothes, and hard kit is mostly combat gear i.e weapons and armour

Offline calypso

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2020, 09:15:00 am »
I got into historical re-enactment a couple of years ago, and while there's no way I'd want to fight anyone naked, I figured I'd ask.
Are there any other historical re-enactors here, or even just history enthusiasts? I do Viking age re-enactment, and for the most part everyone else in my group kicks my arse since they've nearly all been at it way longer than I have.

Sounds like a Fight Club quote...

Tyler Durden:
OK: any historic figure.

Narrator:
I'd fight Gandhi.

Tyler Durden:
Good answer.

Narrator:
How about you?

Tyler Durden:
Lincoln.

Narrator:
Lincoln?

Tyler Durden:
Big guy, big reach. Skinny guys fight 'til they're burger.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2020, 04:14:01 pm »
Sorry, I think that's a bit of a re-enactorism. Soft kit refers mostly to casual/civilian clothes, and hard kit is mostly combat gear i.e weapons and armour

Thank you for the clarification. Can you tell what do you have in your soft kit?  :smiley:

Offline Hrafn

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2020, 07:38:55 pm »

Thank you for the clarification. Can you tell what do you have in your soft kit?  :smiley:

A few tunics, mostly either wool or cotton (linen is too expensive or hard to find), some pants, leg wraps, shoes, a hood/cowl, a cloak, a kaftan, a leather belt and pouch, and, if I can historically justify it, a Mongolian-style robe or two

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2020, 11:49:48 pm »
My wife and I used to do reenacting for 1670s Charles Towne. I got to fire cannons, dress in period clothing and all that. I'd love to be part of a Norse village or something like you said.
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!

Offline the_nude_topher

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2020, 01:16:02 am »
My wife and I used to do reenacting for 1670s Charles Towne. I got to fire cannons, dress in period clothing and all that. I'd love to be part of a Norse village or something like you said.

It would be awesome if you, your wife, and the other reenacters would post pics of your costumes.

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2020, 12:30:02 am »
I gotta find some pictures. I have a few good ones.
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!