Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Thoughts regarding nudity and animation?  (Read 1590 times)

Offline rare446

• Nude Pokemon Nerd
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Feel free to dm about anything~
  • Referrals: 1
Thoughts regarding nudity and animation?
« on: July 24, 2020, 10:11:27 pm »
Okay, so I've made plenty of posts about games I wanna make or am making... God I get too many game ideas. But now I think I can say with confidence I'm just gonna do this one game to get it out of my system.

This game is an action platformer. Action such as guns, swords, martial arts, and anime-esque attacks. Platformer as in... well, platforming like Mario or Sonic.

It's extremely loosely based on the Book of Genesis, but more apocalyptic. It's starring two androids taking the roles of Adam and Eve but saving the world. They are androids who only wear jackets bearing the emblem of their organization, but I'm unsure of whether or not to have them barbie/ken anatomy, stylized doll anatomy (as in something like markings or plating over where their nudity would be), or fully nude. My main concern is animating the nudity, trying to make sure it doesn't come off as inappropriate especially if viewed by nudists. For instance, with a splits kick or just jumping, there's gonna be a lot of  bouncing parts and revealing poses in the actions. How would you, as a nudist, say it'd be best handled? (I can make some illustrations later today as well to help)

Riot.EXE

Re: Thoughts regarding nudity and animation?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 11:09:45 pm »
Pretty sure you're not going to be oogle-leery about those animations, so it's gonna be fine. If all else failed, maybe use visual effects to cover up the bits in those moments.

Offline Interested Nudist

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • This is America. You can always cut a deal.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 12:44:01 am »
I would say go fully nude on the characters. Don't shape them like Ken or Barbie dolls. They look unrealistic. Try to do your best to make the body looks at realistic and natural as possible I guess.
"It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 07:56:35 am »
Nude would be interesting, but would you get a more wider demographic if you would add all the above as options for their appearance.

I would say make the movesets natural and ... streamlined, so to speak. You might already be in the mind in avoiding the what I feel is the 'game industry normal' with the sensual swaying hip movement for the female characters and the usual tropes. Be brutally realistic with the characters animations and I doubt that people will have any room to wiggle in anything bad to say about your characters portrayal.   

But I guess all comes down to how you have written your characters to behave and how you want to portray them in body movement.
Can you tell more about your Adam and Eve?

Offline rare446

• Nude Pokemon Nerd
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 06:10:02 pm »
@Northman my Adam and Eve, as previously stated, are androids. But they're not like robotic looking androids. They're bio-mechanical and have all kinds of nano machine technology in their bodies which allow them to transform certain parts just a bit. For instance, making small boosters on their body (legs, hips, back, arms) to fly, or making a mask to breathe while underwater. Other than that, they're extremely strong and fast and are capable of fighting renegade military mechs without the use of weapons. Their designs place them somewhere between late teens and mid 20's in looks. Last thing I can think of (still waking up lol) is that they have something similar to plating that covers certain parts of their body, such as a large chunk of the arms and legs. It's mostly through this plating that the nano machines are able to work.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 09:08:36 am »
@Northman my Adam and Eve, as previously stated, are androids. But they're not like robotic looking androids. They're bio-mechanical and have all kinds of nano machine technology in their bodies which allow them to transform certain parts just a bit. For instance, making small boosters on their body (legs, hips, back, arms) to fly, or making a mask to breathe while underwater. Other than that, they're extremely strong and fast and are capable of fighting renegade military mechs without the use of weapons. Their designs place them somewhere between late teens and mid 20's in looks. Last thing I can think of (still waking up lol) is that they have something similar to plating that covers certain parts of their body, such as a large chunk of the arms and legs. It's mostly through this plating that the nano machines are able to work.

I have to admit, I was thinking very humanlike androids when reading your first post, something like the Adam and Eve from the Assassin's Creed

But now, I am thinking about elements from the Mega Man or the like ... am I off the mark?  :thinking:

Offline rare446

• Nude Pokemon Nerd
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 05:08:39 am »
@Northman Put them together ; )

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 09:27:16 am »
So... you have androids with skin textures mimicing circuitry patterns (or a likeness of one) then you have selection of plating through which the nanomachines gather and create constructs. Are they static "platforms" or more organic "scales" that travel over the skin to congregate into formation?

Offline rare446

• Nude Pokemon Nerd
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 04:52:57 pm »
It's kind of like in this picture. Bare skin with what looks like another material covering certain parts without any attachments. However on my characters, it's much more spaced out. For instance, on one of my design concepts, it's on the nipples, genitals, almost entire leg, almost entire arm, upper back, neck, and sides of the face. These are the spots where nanomachines can come out and create objects. Although not all spots would be used to do so (for instance, the groin and chest regions), but would instead be there for either color/shape balance or for aesthetic appeal

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2020, 07:16:38 pm »
Have you thought about the colour palette?

Riot.EXE

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2020, 08:14:46 pm »
It's kind of like in this picture. Bare skin with what looks like another material covering certain parts without any attachments. However on my characters, it's much more spaced out. For instance, on one of my design concepts, it's on the nipples, genitals, almost entire leg, almost entire arm, upper back, neck, and sides of the face. These are the spots where nanomachines can come out and create objects. Although not all spots would be used to do so (for instance, the groin and chest regions), but would instead be there for either color/shape balance or for aesthetic appeal

I see you're a person of culture...

Offline rare446

• Nude Pokemon Nerd
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2020, 09:46:01 pm »
Have you thought about the colour palette?
Honestly, not with skin yet. But I have planned to have the girl use more blues and the boy use more pinks, especially since the roles are reversed. She's the Adam, he's the Eve.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2020, 10:23:20 am »
That is a twist. Does it show in their mannerisms and in gameplay? She is the tank, he is the healer, strong female, timid male - kinda things?

Do your androids have hair or are you going to keep them smooth?

Offline rare446

• Nude Pokemon Nerd
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2020, 06:28:22 am »
@Northman for the sake of animation, they'll have no body hair. The female is more powerful in personality and overall attitude, but the boy is more jovial and playful with the stuff. They both do the same stuff, but the personalities are basically just serious one and lighthearted one