Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Quarantiners Urged to Dress Before Answering Door  (Read 7465 times)

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Quarantiners Urged to Dress Before Answering Door
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2020, 06:37:42 am »
It's not that grey. A motherfucker chooses to answer the door naked (State of dress is nearly always a deliberate choice). If it's for a stranger, it borders on exhibitionism, and I don't think being an exhibitionist is the modus operandi of anyone on these damn forums.

Keyword here is borders. If you deliberately undress for the sake of answering the door, it is exhibitionism (but still I see no wrong with that, but that is arguing from an individualist viewpoint, not from a naturist one); but if you are already undressed in the first place, while exhibitionism may still be involved, it might just as well be indifference.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Borter

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2020, 11:41:36 am »
I think it is interesting - I'm wondering if nobody is afraid that the police would give a penalty if he opens the door nude?

Also I don't see the problem to put on some clothes if somebody rings on the door - I don't think this takes too much time, and would prevent that the visitor feels uncomfortable.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2020, 04:34:56 pm »
It's not that grey. A motherfucker chooses to answer the door naked (State of dress is nearly always a deliberate choice). If it's for a stranger, it borders on exhibitionism, and I don't think being an exhibitionist is the modus operandi of anyone on these damn forums.

Keyword here is borders. If you deliberately undress for the sake of answering the door, it is exhibitionism (but still I see no wrong with that, but that is arguing from an individualist viewpoint, not from a naturist one); but if you are already undressed in the first place, while exhibitionism may still be involved, it might just as well be indifference.

It's still deliberate regardless of whether or not you were already undressed. You knew to get dressed before answering that door, you chose not to. It usually won't go well if you open a door for a stranger, especially if that stranger is an authority figure. There's privilege reasons for most of that. Maybe you can't relate (to a frightening degree) because you're not in America...but yeah, if I did that, it definitely wouldn't go well. Might literally be the death of me.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2020, 05:54:46 pm »
Of course it would not go well. Does not change the fact that they deserve (though probably would not get, at least in meaningful quantity, since they are the majority) for demanding you conform to their sensitivities when it was them who decided to come to your place. Your point is a practical one, an argument of "advisable/inadvisable". "Right/wrong" on the other hand is a domain of moral philosophy. Something may be the right thing to do but still be a bad idea, like assassinating a dictator, or a good idea despite being wrong, like the tax avoidance schemes of pretty much every major company.

Granted, the particular situation of deliverypeople is a bit more complex in that they are there because you are requesting a service, so it is not that they are unsolicited visitors who deserve no courtesy. Does not change the fact that pandering to the easily-offended on principle is a slippery slope that leads to less, rather than more free expression, but one could make a case for trying to arrange a no-contact delivery or at least giving advance warning if you just cannot be arsed to dress.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Longingtobenude

• Shouting it out loud
  • Hello:)
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2020, 08:33:44 pm »
If someone comes to your home, they should be willing to accept however you are dressed.  Especially any agent of the state, who comes uninvited.  I don't care if its a nudist answering the door nude, or an exhibitionist answering the door with a strap on and someone on a leash. 

Should consideration be given to what people don't want to see, when they come up to someones door?  Sure, but that is the prerogative of the people living there. 

Riot.EXE

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2020, 01:02:55 am »
Damn, y'all really out here not carin' about anyone but yourselves, huh?

Offline Longingtobenude

• Shouting it out loud
  • Hello:)
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2020, 02:01:40 am »
It only seems that way because thats how the social norm goes at the moment.  Because we are so far outside the norm, the onus is on us to conform.  But imagine if someone came to your door and got all worked up that you were wearing a sports or political item?  Image they told you not to be seen in it again.  You'd tell em to get bent.  We shouldn't HAVE to hide who we are at our own homes. 

Societal norms should be challenged, especially when their ignorant. 

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2020, 03:33:11 pm »
It is not that I would do it myself, I am much too shy for that, but I would not judge anyone negatively who does.

Offline Interested Nudist

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • This is America. You can always cut a deal.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2020, 10:34:19 pm »

I would not judge anyone negatively who does.

That's how everyone needs to be, but I don't think it'll happen, at least, not in the next century anyway.

I doubt it would happen ever. People are naturally judgemental. Smart people just know to keep that judgement to themselves.
"It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates

Offline Shiden Kai San

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Free ballin'!
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2020, 05:40:28 am »
I have no data to back up what I'm about to say.. but I don't think COVID life has caused people to find naturism.   

Many people routinely go nude (or nearly nude) while indoors.  Particularly in the Western World.  I'm guessing this behavior is not as uncommon as some people here may think.  All Covid has done is enable the people who already behave this way, to do so more frequently in their day-to-day lives.  Having said all that, I still think that article is worth a laugh. Even if it dances all over the line that separates casual nudity from exhibition.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2020, 06:58:55 am »
I have no data to back up what I'm about to say.. but I don't think COVID life has caused people to find naturism.   

Many people routinely go nude (or nearly nude) while indoors.  Particularly in the Western World.  I'm guessing this behavior is not as uncommon as some people here may think.  All Covid has done is enable the people who already behave this way, to do so more frequently in their day-to-day lives.  Having said all that, I still think that article is worth a laugh. Even if it dances all over the line that separates casual nudity from exhibition.

Pretty much. It's like I've been saying: there are MANY MANY MANY people that have absolutely no issue with casual nudity, embrace the clothing spectrum, and may even partake in casual nudity themselves...the issue nearly everyone here has is that they're only looking for the ones that decided to meaninglessly label themselves as "nudists". They're not looking for the like minded people in general, so that's why so many people here think they're some kind of anti-dress code minority when they're really not.

The label needs to die.

Offline Interested Nudist

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • This is America. You can always cut a deal.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2020, 12:28:42 am »
Pretty much. It's like I've been saying: there are MANY MANY MANY people that have absolutely no issue with casual nudity, embrace the clothing spectrum, and may even partake in casual nudity themselves...the issue nearly everyone here has is that they're only looking for the ones that decided to meaninglessly label themselves as "nudists". They're not looking for the like minded people in general, so that's why so many people here think they're some kind of anti-dress code minority when they're really not.

The label needs to die.

Yes, I agree. It's foolish to brand people as nudists when we all have different ideas of what we are. Most of us simply like nudity for its comfort. That is a common ground we should seek with other people rather than looking around for people who claim themselves as nudists.
"It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates

Offline Cle Leftwrite

• A Phantom of the Naked Variety
  • Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2020, 11:55:52 pm »
This summer I've been doing deliveries to peoples homes and I kinda feel like I'm coming to their home so they have a right to be the way they want to be. If they open the door nude that's fine because I came to them.

That being said, No one has opened the door completely nude (except for some kids) they have always had least had a towel on.

Someone being nude would be the least of my concern after all the weird shit I've seen in peoples homes.

Not everyone has the same boundaries that you (and most people here) would have though. Not everyone wants a random naked person just sprung on them, and they might have VERY VALID reasons for that, and that shouldn't be lost on anyone here. I mean, don't get it twisted, I get where you're comin' from, but you gotta remember that not everyone is gonna see it like you do.

The question what reasons are valid is a difficult question in and of itself. You cannot expect people to conform to the particular needs of every possible visitor. I assume a good guideline will be how common you can expect a negative reaction to be versus how much it would inconvenience the resident. As an extreme example, if someone is uneasy around people of a particular ethnicity, tough luck, because a resident who is, say, Indian, could not change that aspect of himself if he tried. But what about clothes of a particular color? People might react negatively to that, for instance if a particular color is associated with a criminal gang or something along those lines. On the other hand: If someone opens the door wearing something like a MAGA hat, it is fairly likely they are doing that to get a reaction out of their visitor - it is not common to just be wearing a hat at home.

That's nowhere near the same and literally the dumbest thing I've ever seen you write. What the actual fuck? Ask your homegirls about seeing unwanted dicks and let me know if respecting common boundaries is still a "silly idea".

Does everyone has the right to be comfortable in their own home: YES!

Do people who deliver mail, etc., want to have naked folk answer the door: PROBABLY NOT!

The way I see it is that, there's an extent to which your beliefs and way of living at home can become offensive to others. In this case, when it comes to nudity, because it can so often be blown out of context, it makes no sense to answer the door to people who you don't know, without clothes on.

If it was me, I'd, by default, answer the door with *something* on me, unless I knew the person who had knocked on the door, was ok with answering nude, AND if I was certain it was them.

The front door IS the gateway to the public street when someone has knocked on it, so, therefore it makes sense to me to act in accordance to public law, despite being on my property.

It is a grey area, but if I was unsure, I'd act like I would amongst the general public, to save offense, embarrassment, or confrontation.

I completely agree, while one does have the right to do what they want in their own home, opening the door is straddling the line of public/private and even in private situations I'm less likely to just go naked if I don't know if everyone around me is comfortable with it.