Naturist Resources > Oceania/Australasia etc.

Quarantiners Urged to Dress Before Answering Door

<< < (2/6) > >>

Riot.EXE:

--- Quote from: Conjuam on August 07, 2020, 09:17:31 pm ---
--- Quote from: Interested Nudist on August 07, 2020, 02:10:29 pm ---
--- Quote from: hillydilly on August 07, 2020, 11:55:28 am ---With the pandemic there is less of an incentive to wear textile since most places are closed. Kinda amazing to see folks try naturism!

--- End quote ---

It really is amazing. It is nice to know that some people are taking advantage of this pandemic to try something new and gain the benefits of nudism.

--- End quote ---

And the good thing is that it's probably out of natural laziness, and the point of view that "if I'm not expecting to see anyone, why should I dress?" Or perhaps it's just out of comfort in the AU/NZ heat.

Either way, great to see people embracing it (intentionally or not).

--- End quote ---

Yeah, it's definitely more likely laziness or surviving the heat than anything. That's literally what it was for me: a survival tactic that just ended up sticking around.

swede:
This summer I've been doing deliveries to peoples homes and I kinda feel like I'm coming to their home so they have a right to be the way they want to be. If they open the door nude that's fine because I came to them.

That being said, No one has opened the door completely nude (except for some kids) they have always had least had a towel on.

Someone being nude would be the least of my concern after all the weird shit I've seen in peoples homes.

Riot.EXE:

--- Quote from: swede on August 10, 2020, 04:52:35 pm ---This summer I've been doing deliveries to peoples homes and I kinda feel like I'm coming to their home so they have a right to be the way they want to be. If they open the door nude that's fine because I came to them.

That being said, No one has opened the door completely nude (except for some kids) they have always had least had a towel on.

Someone being nude would be the least of my concern after all the weird shit I've seen in peoples homes.

--- End quote ---

Not everyone has the same boundaries that you (and most people here) would have though. Not everyone wants a random naked person just sprung on them, and they might have VERY VALID reasons for that, and that shouldn't be lost on anyone here. I mean, don't get it twisted, I get where you're comin' from, but you gotta remember that not everyone is gonna see it like you do.

Buzzulepuff:
That's a decent point but when comparing someone's feelings to muh private property rights I'll go for the property rights. So imo the police should suck it up and deal with nude people at their own homes if they want to go round checking on people like some quarantine big brother stazi.

Delta:

--- Quote from: Riot.EXE on August 11, 2020, 12:13:51 am ---
--- Quote from: swede on August 10, 2020, 04:52:35 pm ---This summer I've been doing deliveries to peoples homes and I kinda feel like I'm coming to their home so they have a right to be the way they want to be. If they open the door nude that's fine because I came to them.

--- End quote ---

Not everyone has the same boundaries that you (and most people here) would have though. Not everyone wants a random naked person just sprung on them, and they might have VERY VALID reasons for that, and that shouldn't be lost on anyone here. I mean, don't get it twisted, I get where you're comin' from, but you gotta remember that not everyone is gonna see it like you do.

--- End quote ---

The question what reasons are valid is a difficult question in and of itself. You cannot expect people to conform to the particular needs of every possible visitor. I assume a good guideline will be how common you can expect a negative reaction to be versus how much it would inconvenience the resident. As an extreme example, if someone is uneasy around people of a particular ethnicity, tough luck, because a resident who is, say, Indian, could not change that aspect of himself if he tried. But what about clothes of a particular color? People might react negatively to that, for instance if a particular color is associated with a criminal gang or something along those lines. On the other hand: If someone opens the door wearing something like a MAGA hat, it is fairly likely they are doing that to get a reaction out of their visitor - it is not common to just be wearing a hat at home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version