General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > The Hobby Hut

Plants

<< < (3/5) > >>

Rob N:

--- Quote from: Fishandchips

[/quote ---On the first map I’m next to Sunderland just a little touch to the north of it. I should probably not consider trying it now that I’ve looked up the plant as it seems it will take over

--- End quote ---

I have had no problems with it taking over. I have hopes of it, but after years and years I finally think it is at least dispersed amongst the grass.

I'd much rather it take over and kill the grass of as the Mimosa is better to look at and doesn't grow high so I'd never have to mow. Here in Florida the grass grows so quickly in the summer most people mow every weekend. It's miserable.

Fishandchips:

--- Quote from: Rob N on May 15, 2021, 06:04:08 pm ---
--- Quote from: Fishandchips

[/quote ---On the first map I’m next to Sunderland just a little touch to the north of it. I should probably not consider trying it now that I’ve looked up the plant as it seems it will take over

--- End quote ---

I have had no problems with it taking over. I have hopes of it, but after years and years I finally think it is at least dispersed amongst the grass.

I'd much rather it take over and kill the grass of as the Mimosa is better to look at and doesn't grow high so I'd never have to mow. Here in Florida the grass grows so quickly in the summer most people mow every weekend. It's miserable.

--- End quote ---

Where I was thinking of using it, the grass also has daisies, buttercups and things growing in it. I don’t want to lose them too

Buzzulepuff:
Where I live it would be zone 7 to 8. But you also have to take into account microclimates and stuff. My partner likes gardening more than me so see does most of it. I do like a dwarf conifer garden though nothing over 3m (10ft) in height

Redfrigginriot:
I own a few cactuses if that counts for anything

Turbo_:
I have a couple plants around. I just recently repotted my two lemon trees that ive been growing for the past 2 years. I must be doing something right because they are looking very nice lol. I also planted some daffodils in my front yard that come up every spring so that gives me something to look forward to. I tried to have a couple succulents, but they all died on me :(, i think i gave them too much attention.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version