General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > The Hobby Hut

Plants

<< < (2/5) > >>

Rob N:
I do love my plants!

Rob N:
Mimosa Stringulosa: Ground cover vine, can be mowed, beautiful pink poofs in the spring, and the leaves are sensitive to touch. So if you like to pet your plants the leaves will close up when you do for endless entertainment.

Fishandchips:

--- Quote from: Rob N on May 14, 2021, 01:06:12 pm ---I do love my plants!

--- End quote ---

Nice flowers. Reminds me of a time I got a lucky shot of a wonderful mixture in a planter a long time ago. I tried many times to get another amazing looking photo after that but they never turned out as striking. I’ll have to see if I can find the picture because I want to show it off here now. Would help to remember where I took it first.

--- Quote from: Rob N on May 15, 2021, 02:36:55 pm ---Mimosa Stringulosa: Ground cover vine, can be mowed, beautiful pink poofs in the spring, and the leaves are sensitive to touch. So if you like to pet your plants the leaves will close up when you do for endless entertainment.

--- End quote ---

Would this grow in the north of England or are we too cold wet and miserable?

Rob N:

--- Quote from: Rob N on May 15, 2021, 02:36:55 pm ---

--- End quote ---
[/quote]

According to random information on the internet, the Mimosa strigillosa is good in zones 8 – 11.

Northern England seems to be zones 8-9, but depending on the map, there are some areas in zone 7, so you'd have to figure that out. It seems to be a little different on each map and none of these seem very official, so maybe you could find better information locally.

I was fortunate in that this just started growing in my yard. I never purchased it, but I have done my best to help it along by eliminating competitors. I also took sections and moved it to other areas in hopes of spreading it more. So far so good.

Fishandchips:

--- Quote from: Rob N on May 15, 2021, 05:05:31 pm ---
--- Quote from: Rob N on May 15, 2021, 02:36:55 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

According to random information on the internet, the Mimosa strigillosa is good in zones 8 – 11.

Northern England seems to be zones 8-9, but depending on the map, there are some areas in zone 7, so you'd have to figure that out. It seems to be a little different on each map and none of these seem very official, so maybe you could find better information locally.

I was fortunate in that this just started growing in my yard. I never purchased it, but I have done my best to help it along by eliminating competitors. I also took sections and moved it to other areas in hopes of spreading it more. So far so good.
[/quote]

On the first map I’m next to Sunderland just a little touch to the north of it. I should probably not consider trying it now that I’ve looked up the plant as it seems it will take over

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version