General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > Music and Concerts

Musicals

<< < (3/6) > >>

Cle Leftwrite:
I just the other day finally got to see Hamilton and I've been listening to an online one called 36 questions. But yeah, I love all kinds of musicals I just don't get to see them as often as I would like. The last one I went to see in an actual theater was a professional performance of The Phantom of the Opera and before that was a local college's performance of Guys and Dolls.

the_nude_topher:
@Cle Leftwrite How did you like Hamilton? I wouldnt think there are many live professional theatrical productions in Oklahoma  (even if there is a musical by that name  :rotfl2:). Hopefully as you travel you will be able to catch more theatre.

Cle Leftwrite:

--- Quote from: the_nude_topher on September 09, 2020, 11:33:58 am ---@Cle Leftwrite How did you like Hamilton? I wouldnt think there are many live professional theatrical productions in Oklahoma  (even if there is a musical by that name  :rotfl2:). Hopefully as you travel you will be able to catch more theatre.

--- End quote ---

I only got to see Hamilton thanks to there being an official taping up on Disney+, I enjoyed it a lot though, despite it being a taping of it. It was pretty much exactly what I was expecting from people's descriptions, which while that would usually be a negative, really isn't in this case. I've never seen something so handily live up to it's own hype.

Honestly, I wish more Broadway productions would get official tapings.  But, yeah not a HUGE amount of professional productions out here and the ones that do come by are often prohibitively expensive. There was actually a performance of Hamilton that I (in theory) could have seen about a year ago, but it was gonna be like $300 for seats in the nosebleed section and I am a poor college student who at the time had no job.

hillydilly:
I absolutely adore musicals like West Side Story. It always seems to bring me to tears.

the_nude_topher:

--- Quote from: hillydilly on September 12, 2020, 06:15:06 pm ---I absolutely adore musicals like West Side Story. It always seems to bring me to tears.

--- End quote ---

the magic of theatre

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version