Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Musicals  (Read 5874 times)

Surin Blastanos

Musicals
« on: September 04, 2020, 09:10:12 pm »
Thought I'd start a new thread instead of ressurecting a 10 year old one. Are any of you guys into musicals? I've been going through Bettlejuice on repeat recently, and I love Matilda and Waitress. What about you guys?

coolstolSE

Re: Musicals
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 12:01:07 am »
I killed it in our school musical in 9th grade lol

Offline Tara

• Teens Only Member
  • Nude with Towel
  • All teens and girls may contact me
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 08:18:23 am »
Tbh I find musicals a bit wierd,  people suddenly bursting into song,  but I do enjoy the music qite often.
Here to make friends and learn

Offline DaniSnow

• Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 10:01:27 am »
i've seen quite a few live ones: phantom of the opera, les miserables, the invisible man, kiss of the spiderwoman, cats, miss saigon..... (some i even saw more than once)
moviewise: rocketman, bohemian rhapsody, billy billy elliot, les miserables, pitch perfect.....
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Offline the_nude_topher

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 11:58:04 am »
Being friendly with the theatre arts majors at college I went to many of their rehearsals as well as their productions as well as Broadway productions in NYC. I too originally thought that breaking out in song seemed stupid until I got to appreciate the lyrics and how they moved the story along. Some of my all time favorites (stage and film) would be: Mame (which had a couple of lines about a progressive elementary school where the students were nude), Evita, La Cage aux Folles, Bohemian Rhapsody, and  Rocketman.

Offline blank radar

• Teens Only Member
  • Naturist Superhero
  • he/him
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 06:35:48 pm »
all my friends are massive broadway geeks, but the most i ever got into it was seeing matilda in new york when i was 10, les mis in baltimore a couple years ago, and serving a very laid-back tech role in my high school's production of damn yankees
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 08:51:22 pm by blank radar »

Offline the_nude_topher

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 10:30:12 pm »
I don't know if it is technically a musical, but The Sound of Music is literally one of my favourite movies!

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things.
.."

@Nudist.12 The Sound of Music is the very definition of a musical!

"...So long, farewell
auf Wiedersehen, goodbye..."

I apologize in advance if anyone was offended by my singing. I take full blame, it wasn't a frog with a sore throat.

Surin Blastanos

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 08:15:11 pm »
i've seen quite a few live ones: phantom of the opera, les miserables, the invisible man, kiss of the spiderwoman, cats, miss saigon..... (some i even saw more than once)
moviewise: rocketman, bohemian rhapsody, billy billy elliot, les miserables, pitch perfect.....
I never thought of Pitch Perfect as a musical, but now that you say it, it makes sense

Offline NudistMetalHead

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2020, 11:44:55 am »
The Book of Mormon
Avenue Q
Young Frankenstein: The Musical
Spamalot
"Don't talk to strangers 'cause they're only there to do you harm"- Ronnie James Dio

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2020, 04:13:02 pm »
Nudist Colony of the Dead.  A mixture of horror, blasphemy and musical comedy from 1991. 

"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline Cle Leftwrite

• A Phantom of the Naked Variety
  • Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2020, 03:02:09 am »
I just the other day finally got to see Hamilton and I've been listening to an online one called 36 questions. But yeah, I love all kinds of musicals I just don't get to see them as often as I would like. The last one I went to see in an actual theater was a professional performance of The Phantom of the Opera and before that was a local college's performance of Guys and Dolls.

Offline the_nude_topher

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 11:33:58 am »
@Cle Leftwrite How did you like Hamilton? I wouldnt think there are many live professional theatrical productions in Oklahoma  (even if there is a musical by that name  :rotfl2:). Hopefully as you travel you will be able to catch more theatre.

Offline Cle Leftwrite

• A Phantom of the Naked Variety
  • Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2020, 01:01:59 am »
@Cle Leftwrite How did you like Hamilton? I wouldnt think there are many live professional theatrical productions in Oklahoma  (even if there is a musical by that name  :rotfl2:). Hopefully as you travel you will be able to catch more theatre.

I only got to see Hamilton thanks to there being an official taping up on Disney+, I enjoyed it a lot though, despite it being a taping of it. It was pretty much exactly what I was expecting from people's descriptions, which while that would usually be a negative, really isn't in this case. I've never seen something so handily live up to it's own hype.

Honestly, I wish more Broadway productions would get official tapings.  But, yeah not a HUGE amount of professional productions out here and the ones that do come by are often prohibitively expensive. There was actually a performance of Hamilton that I (in theory) could have seen about a year ago, but it was gonna be like $300 for seats in the nosebleed section and I am a poor college student who at the time had no job.

hillydilly

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2020, 06:15:06 pm »
I absolutely adore musicals like West Side Story. It always seems to bring me to tears.

Offline the_nude_topher

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2020, 08:33:18 pm »
I absolutely adore musicals like West Side Story. It always seems to bring me to tears.

the magic of theatre