Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Sweeney Todd  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Pitti

• Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 8
Sweeney Todd
« on: February 22, 2010, 11:05:20 am »
Hi,

who has seen this incredibly great movie. Burton + Depp is a very good team. The songs, the pictures and the story is very well implemented.

Who has not seen this film, which I can only recommend.
"If war is the answer, then we ask the wrong questions."
(Wenn Krieg die Antwort ist, dann stellen wir die falschen Fragen)

Susan G. Komen

randomer909

Re: Sweeney Todd
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 05:58:11 pm »
I loved it as well :786 Im a huge Tim Burton fan. Batman, this, Nightmare Before Christmas etc. This was a really good film web though it was mostly a musical :)

simonalexander2005

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 07:07:14 pm »
I agree - it's an excellent film! I wasn't sure about Helena Bonham-Carter (spelling?) when I first heard about the casting, but it worked out remarkably well.

The only scene that confused me was the "we're gunna get married and go to the beach and wear stripy beach clothes" scene - that was the creepiest part...

randomer909

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 11:55:01 pm »
I agree - it's an excellent film! I wasn't sure about Helena Bonham-Carter (spelling?) when I first heard about the casting, but it worked out remarkably well.

The only scene that confused me was the "we're gunna get married and go to the beach and wear stripy beach clothes" scene - that was the creepiest part...
Yeah, thinking of it now, it was pretty strange in comparison to the rest of the movie :345678

NudeBostonian

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 03:05:05 am »
I've seen almost the whole movie. For some reason i've missed the beginning 20 minutes or so the few times I've seen it! I love the combo of Depp and Burton. Both are seriously talented and also fairly disturbed, which makes for excellent chemistry! I liked the idea of a somewhat creepy musical film. I think it worked well.

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 14
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 07:55:05 pm »
This was a really good film web though it was mostly a musical :)

That's because Burton's film is adapted from the musical penned by Stephen Sondheim and Hugh Wheeler. If it's ever on, you should go see it, it's brilliant.
On an extended IYNO break... for now.

Offline Turtlejosh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 08:26:08 pm »
I really liked this movie, it's such an unusual musical. I want to see the stage show though

osirus_4

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 05:14:45 pm »
Great adaptation of the play. The actors did a god enough job singing and the visuals were great.