Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The BAFTAs  (Read 879 times)

randomer909

The BAFTAs
« on: February 22, 2010, 11:27:07 pm »
First of all, for those who don't know, the BAFTAs are basically the British version of the Oscars :786

The BAFTA awards ceremony was held last night, with The Hurt Locker taking most of the notable awards for Best Director and Best Film, basically Kathryn Bigalow slapping her ex-husband in his face :345678. I was very pleased at how it turned out with Up getting best Animated Film and Christoph Waltz getting Best Supporting Actor,". But my aavourite thing about the night was that Avatar was only awarded for what it truly should be, it's amazing visual effects and production. My only facepalm of the night was that Kristen Bell, Bella from Twilight, won Rising Star, but then I heard that the British public was voting for it, so obviously all the deranged Twilight fans voted :). But what also confused me about that category was how Saoirse Ronan, the 15 year old actress from Ireland :786, wasn't even nominated for Rising Star. She's 15 and she was even nominated for Best Actress. Surely she should have won Rising Star by a mile?

Anyway what are your thoughts? :)

For a full list of the winners click here:
http://www.imdb.com/features/rto/2010/baftas
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 11:29:28 pm by randomer909 »