Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Airbrush set  (Read 885 times)

Offline Kemubu

• Photographer in Sweden
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Love, life, laughs and a bit of everything
  • Referrals: 1
Airbrush set
« on: November 12, 2020, 01:14:26 pm »
Have anyone of you used airbrush for body paint and/or painting objects? Looking into getting one but don't know which ones are good or not.

I don't want to get something overly expensive, because that's how I usually work. I'll just get the more pricy stuff because then I feel like I get the right quality. But I'm a student now and it's just as a hobby project for photography. But it's even worse to buy something that is crap, wastes my time and doesn't give a decent result.

So, would appreciate the help. There's a lot of brands out there
I'm creative, kind and social. Feel free to PM me

Offline Nudielad

• Naturist Superhero
Re: Airbrush set
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 02:49:22 pm »
I build scale models and use airbrushes all the time for painting, primarily I use Iwata and Aztek airbrushes for all my work.

I would recommend maybe something from Iwata's neo range for starters. They are a little better quality than some of the cheaper chinese manufactured airbrushes out there but nowhere near as good as the Japanese manufactured offerings from the more premium range.

Harder & Steenbeck also have some great offerings in their Infinity range as well, a better budget airbrush than Iwata's neo offerings.

I suppose it's what you want to do with it will determine the best route for you to take. I do an awful lot of fine detail work so my Iwata HP-B with a 0.3mm needle suits me 99% of the time.  :azn:

Offline Kemubu

• Photographer in Sweden
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 05:41:52 pm »
I build scale models and use airbrushes all the time for painting, primarily I use Iwata and Aztek airbrushes for all my work.

I would recommend maybe something from Iwata's neo range for starters. They are a little better quality than some of the cheaper chinese manufactured airbrushes out there but nowhere near as good as the Japanese manufactured offerings from the more premium range.

Harder & Steenbeck also have some great offerings in their Infinity range as well, a better budget airbrush than Iwata's neo offerings.

I suppose it's what you want to do with it will determine the best route for you to take. I do an awful lot of fine detail work so my Iwata HP-B with a 0.3mm needle suits me 99% of the time.  :azn:
Wow really? You should show us all sometime :) sounds amazing

And have you ever tried it for body paint? I was looking into Kryolan at their website because they also have dyes for body painting. But also checked out the Iwata, but that's way more expensive though. Guess that it's worth it though ofc. I'll look into the Harder & Steenbeck, thanks for the advice.

I guess the compressor is the most important thing and that you can get most brushes to the different sorts of compressors?

Offline Nudielad

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 07:51:40 pm »
I've never used them for anything like that. I would imagine body paint is quite thick and therefore you will require something with a larger needle to get a bigger coverage area and allow for the thicker paint to be able to pass through.

The compressor is just as important as the airbrush :) I use an Iwata sprint jet which is ideal. It's compact and plenty powerful enough for pretty much any purpose, I would recommend getting one with a regulator so that you can adjust the air pressure.

Offline Kemubu

• Photographer in Sweden
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 08:30:39 am »
Oh they all don't come with regulators? I think that is quite important. Especially if it's for multi purpose usage.
Thank you!

Offline Nudielad

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 01:51:03 pm »
Some of the cheaper ones don't come with a regulator, I think it's so important to have one!

Offline Kemubu

• Photographer in Sweden
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 05:48:51 pm »
Ok, I'm looking at Amazon (it's fairly new that we have it in Sweden) and they're very cheap compared with the Swedish stores. But I'm afraid they might suck xD
Any opinions on Fengda and Timbertech?

Offline Nudielad

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 07:58:26 pm »
I've never heard of either  :laughcrying:

Look like cheap copies of Iwata to be honest