Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Feud  (Read 3530 times)

cc71

Feud
« on: November 15, 2020, 09:14:28 am »
It seems there is a feud between two Dunedin based naturist clubs.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/nude-feud-two-dunedin-naturist-clubs-at-odds/AEVB7NKS7H5V44V4Q7LZGHJHHM/

The clubs are Southern Free Beaches and the Orchard Sun Club based in a town called Middlemarch.

Offline blank radar

• Teens Only Member
  • Naturist Superhero
  • he/him
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Feud
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 06:14:08 pm »
this is pretty funny, but i'm also pleasantly surprised by the sheer amount of naturist content on the NZ Herald

Offline Buzzulepuff

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 06:26:59 am »
I could pretty much sense what the article was about before reading it. All a bit stupid many people could have their cake and eat it too by being members if both clubs. Or stop complaining and outcompete the other club in marketing like that free market thing not that many people recognise what that is these days.

Offline Tree

• Nature Loving Flexitarian
  • Shouting it out loud
  • And we danced!
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 05:49:09 pm »
On new year's eve a group of us naturist campers were discussing how certain clubs in Australia have these problems too. It's a pity because they have much potential if they would just let the younger crowd do a few things their own ways.
A secret's ever safely placed with honest folk and leal;
And secrets trusted unto me are in a locked-up house
Whose keys are lost and on whose door is set the Cadi's seal.
~ From the 1001 Arabian Nights

Offline Jem

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 08:13:01 am »
Interesting thanks for sharing. That's the issue with NZ, we have a few clubs with older people in them (which for a guy in his 20s) is not appealing at all. Also they are mega expensive and you can't do a nude event unless you pay.... So I've never been. But an event based thing, id be totally keen for.

Offline Tree

• Shouting it out loud
  • And we danced!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 02:14:41 pm »
Interesting thanks for sharing. That's the issue with NZ, we have a few clubs with older people in them (which for a guy in his 20s) is not appealing at all. Also they are mega expensive and you can't do a nude event unless you pay.... So I've never been. But an event based thing, id be totally keen for.

The youth group in Perth is trying to solve this kind of problem by talking with Sunseekers about having group events there. Have you tried that sort of thing?

Offline Jakee22

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2023, 10:38:09 am »
On new year's eve a group of us naturist campers were discussing how certain clubs in Australia have these problems too. It's a pity because they have much potential if they would just let the younger crowd do a few things their own ways.

@Tree can I ask what it was that they don’t let younger people do?  I want to start going to resorts when I can but things I read look like they are not such great places for younger people.

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 14
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2023, 05:42:53 am »
I mean the orchard gets to lay in the bed they made. Of they're not acomodating to the younger crowd, too stiff, the too bad

Offline Tree

• Shouting it out loud
  • And we danced!
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2023, 04:55:51 pm »

@Tree can I ask what it was that they don’t let younger people do?  I want to start going to resorts when I can but things I read look like they are not such great places for younger people.

It depends on each place like anything, but even simple things like making a lot of noise like young people do or deciding what degree of risk they're willing to take. There's too much worry about being sued over nothing these days. People your age are more than capable of using a BBQ by yourself. You don't need supervision. Even if something does happen, most of you have the sense to seek help from older people if you need it.

Sorry for the slow reply.