General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > The Hobby Hut

Slot car racing

(1/2) > >>

Fishandchips:
Or scalextric as it is commonly called in the UK as it us the main brand going here. Since my place is small, I have little space to set it up but I still gave all of my track and cars including my dads vintage stuff from the 50s/60s. Having some technical skill would be a help though as repairs are needed so badly ????‍♂️

jabber1990:
I wish I could find pictures of it, but I saw some FB posts, this guy built a slot-car track into his model railroad

the scales were either the same or similar, so he was able to pull it off pretty well!

Fishandchips:

--- Quote from: jabber1990 on December 20, 2020, 12:10:43 am ---I wish I could find pictures of it, but I saw some FB posts, this guy built a slot-car track into his model railroad

the scales were either the same or similar, so he was able to pull it off pretty well!

--- End quote ---

He must have had a large scale railroad if the scales are similar. 00 and H0 are way too small. For a couple of years we had a show called The Great Model Railway Challenge. Some modellers incorporated road transport using scaled vehicles guided by magnet.

Ad1210:

--- Quote from: jabber1990 on December 20, 2020, 12:10:43 am ---I wish I could find pictures of it, but I saw some FB posts, this guy built a slot-car track into his model railroad

--- End quote ---

That is quite an accomplishment. Im not sure if theres any that match exactly with say HO, O or 00

Fishandchips:

--- Quote from: Ad1210 on December 28, 2020, 04:08:28 am ---

--- End quote ---

That is quite an accomplishment. Im not sure if theres any that match exactly with say HO, O or 00

--- End quote ---

It’s not something I’ve ever seen before that I can think of.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version