General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > The Sports Bar!

Sport Climbing

<< < (4/7) > >>

Surin Blastanos:

--- Quote from: ginkgob on April 24, 2021, 08:32:09 pm ---I've never tried climbing but it looks like good fun! If a little scary in a way. Bet it's great for fitness.

--- End quote ---
Oh yeah, its fantastic for fitness, a full body workout. It gives you great upper body strength

alwaysveryconflicted:
i am so out of practice with climbing ever since the pandemic started. hopefully i can get back into it soon!

Surin Blastanos:

--- Quote from: alwaysveryconflicted on April 24, 2021, 10:21:23 pm ---i am so out of practice with climbing ever since the pandemic started. hopefully i can get back into it soon!

--- End quote ---
Same here, I'll definitely have dropped a grade or two by the time it starts up again, and my upper body strength is shot. There'll be quite a bit of training at a bouldering gym for me when things open up

Gaberone:

--- Quote from: Surin Blastanos on January 20, 2021, 09:07:16 pm ---So I do(or used to, in the before times) wall climbing, and have done for about a decade. It's amazing fun, and a great full body workout. I realised recently that I hadn't been able to do any lead climbing in the past 10 months, and I miss it. Is anyone else here a climber?

--- End quote ---

I used to do wall climbing a while back. I remember I loved it. The feeling of getting to the top is the best, even when your fingers have that sensation when gripping the wall.

Surin Blastanos:

--- Quote from: Gaberone on October 17, 2021, 03:30:22 pm ---
--- Quote from: Surin Blastanos on January 20, 2021, 09:07:16 pm ---So I do(or used to, in the before times) wall climbing, and have done for about a decade. It's amazing fun, and a great full body workout. I realised recently that I hadn't been able to do any lead climbing in the past 10 months, and I miss it. Is anyone else here a climber?

--- End quote ---

I used to do wall climbing a while back. I remember I loved it. The feeling of getting to the top is the best, even when your fingers have that sensation when gripping the wall.

--- End quote ---
It's definitely  hard on your fingers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version