Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Sport Climbing  (Read 7589 times)

Surin Blastanos

Re: Sport Climbing
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2021, 09:47:52 pm »
I've never tried climbing but it looks like good fun! If a little scary in a way. Bet it's great for fitness.
Oh yeah, its fantastic for fitness, a full body workout. It gives you great upper body strength

Offline alwaysveryconflicted

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2021, 10:21:23 pm »
i am so out of practice with climbing ever since the pandemic started. hopefully i can get back into it soon!

Surin Blastanos

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2021, 11:50:41 pm »
i am so out of practice with climbing ever since the pandemic started. hopefully i can get back into it soon!
Same here, I'll definitely have dropped a grade or two by the time it starts up again, and my upper body strength is shot. There'll be quite a bit of training at a bouldering gym for me when things open up

Offline Gaberone

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2021, 03:30:22 pm »
So I do(or used to, in the before times) wall climbing, and have done for about a decade. It's amazing fun, and a great full body workout. I realised recently that I hadn't been able to do any lead climbing in the past 10 months, and I miss it. Is anyone else here a climber?

I used to do wall climbing a while back. I remember I loved it. The feeling of getting to the top is the best, even when your fingers have that sensation when gripping the wall.

Surin Blastanos

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2021, 01:01:33 pm »
So I do(or used to, in the before times) wall climbing, and have done for about a decade. It's amazing fun, and a great full body workout. I realised recently that I hadn't been able to do any lead climbing in the past 10 months, and I miss it. Is anyone else here a climber?

I used to do wall climbing a while back. I remember I loved it. The feeling of getting to the top is the best, even when your fingers have that sensation when gripping the wall.
It's definitely  hard on your fingers

Offline timnudist

• Naked is Natural !
  • Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Be pround to be a Nudist !
  • Referrals: 9
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2021, 02:51:15 pm »
Hi! I used to boulder quite a bit, but I think my fitness is way worse now than it was when I could get to a gym often. I used to boulder V4-5ish outdoor, V6-7 indoor depending on the gym... never really got into sport but toprope was always fun in the gym. Such a great workout and fun a activity with or without friends... and the climbing community is unbelievably supportive and accepting.

Here's my gumby ass punting off like a V2 a loooong time ago lol
@climbing  I would so do this.. was this in SC ?
I LOVE to be naked !

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2021, 04:39:54 pm »

My fingers are already knackered from carrying heavy objects around for car boot sales. Sometimes they hurt just holding this damn ipad. Wish I could try out some climbing though see if I can get my muscles to work properly

Offline climbing

• Casually Dressed
  • AANR lifetime member; get outside naked
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2021, 01:35:46 am »
Hi! I used to boulder quite a bit, but I think my fitness is way worse now than it was when I could get to a gym often. I used to boulder V4-5ish outdoor, V6-7 indoor depending on the gym... never really got into sport but toprope was always fun in the gym. Such a great workout and fun a activity with or without friends... and the climbing community is unbelievably supportive and accepting.

Here's my gumby ass punting off like a V2 a loooong time ago lol
@climbing  I would so do this.. was this in SC ?

Yup, Big Rock, which isn't really good for bouldering. Had fun regardless

Offline JustARando

• Spider-dude
  • Nude with Towel
  • Not sure what this is.
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2021, 03:56:31 am »
I've only ever done those beginner wall climbs. But, I'd been very fascinated by how some people make it look gravity-defying.
Don't be afraid to try something new.

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2021, 04:25:38 pm »
I've only ever done those beginner wall climbs. But, I'd been very fascinated by how some people make it look gravity-defying.

I tried one once when I was 10… didn’t get very far up 🤣

Offline Gaberone

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2021, 05:38:26 am »

You use any creme on them? I find the o’keefes working hands works really well. I used to use it when I worked at a grocery store a couple years ago

My fingers are already knackered from carrying heavy objects around for car boot sales. Sometimes they hurt just holding this damn ipad. Wish I could try out some climbing though see if I can get my muscles to work properly

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2021, 03:25:50 pm »

You use any creme on them? I find the o’keefes working hands works really well. I used to use it when I worked at a grocery store a couple years ago

I’ve got oilatm which is a thick cream I sometimes use at night but that only helps with dry skin, not pains in my bones
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 09:39:16 pm by Fishandchips »

Offline JustARando

• Spider-dude
  • Nude with Towel
  • Not sure what this is.
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2021, 02:31:38 am »
Saw this video and remembered this thread. Anyone here do these type of climbs? 👏

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSe2Joryd/

Surin Blastanos

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2021, 10:52:07 am »
Saw this video and remembered this thread. Anyone here do these type of climbs? 👏

Not to that level, but I've attempted that sort of boulder problem before, it kills your fingers

Offline JustARando

• Spider-dude
  • Nude with Towel
  • Not sure what this is.
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2021, 12:18:49 am »

Not to that level, but I've attempted that sort of boulder problem before, it kills your fingers

I can imaging it would kill my fingers, core and practically every muscle fibre in my body.