Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Aquarium anyone?  (Read 6490 times)

Offline Redfrigginriot

• Empress of Bees
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Just a naked nerd. Feel free to DM.
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Aquarium anyone?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2021, 10:05:53 pm »
I am a fan of Jacques Cousteau and aquariums. I have had a well loaded 55g tank with all the necessaries for years.
That's cool :) don't be shy sharing a pic or 2 ;)

I will think about sharing a picture, for now I use the following:

Aqueon 55g tank
Marineland C-360 filter
Marineland maxi-jet 900 (power head mode)
NiCrew ClassicLED Plus lighting
Eheim 200w heater

Bunch fake plants and real rocks.

Neon tetras, (too many) platys, and a giant pleco.
Neons are great. They're schooling fish so there's not really such thing as too many. They're comfortable in masses.

I only have 2, planning on getting more. They look good with my blue LEDs at night.
Yeah the colors make them almost glow under the right circumstances.
I cast destroy pants at third level.

A_Realbro

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2021, 07:58:59 pm »
Ive always been interested in them! When I move out i may consider getting one

Offline Maksmarch2

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2021, 10:03:26 pm »
I had a break for a couple of years. recently I got a new aquarium as a gift so I returned to this hobby. at the moment I have a wild type neocaridina daividi shrimps in 25L (~ 6 gallon), a colony of least killifish (heterandria formosa) in another 25L and a nice swarm of ember tetras and exclamation rasboras with some pygmy corydoras in my new 125L (~ 33 gallon). Almost everything is still fresh, the plants are still growing so nothing to brag about but I'll try to upload some photos soon.

Ricshiz

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2021, 10:07:34 am »
Hey everyone!
I was cleaning my aquarium this morning and wondered if any of you guys had an aquarium.
If you do have one, feel free to post a picture here :)
Here's a picture of mine:

Unfortunately it’s one of those hobbies I’ve stopped over the years but I used to have quite the collection, I use to have a massive tiger Oscar and two leopard bandit catfish, 2 axolotls, nearly 100 red cherry shrimp and a ton of fighting fish, sucker fish and Rosey barb fish.

Don’t have any photos but I used to have a large tank that was maybe 100-200 gallons

Offline calypso

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2021, 08:50:53 pm »
I would like to add some red cherry shrimp to help control algae. The store only one last time….

How did you get 100 shrimp? They’re a few bucks each at the store…

Ricshiz

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2021, 09:15:10 pm »
I would like to add some red cherry shrimp to help control algae. The store only one last time….

It was 50 at first but they kept on having so many babies we ended up with way more then we could ever need.

Offline Maksmarch2

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2021, 02:57:15 pm »

It was 50 at first but they kept on having so many babies we ended up with way more then we could ever need.

That's what's best about shrimp. They reproduce so fast that you can observe a living micro-ecosystem in your tank. Plus you can share your extra shrimp with others.

Offline calypso

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2021, 09:48:14 pm »

That's what's best about shrimp. They reproduce so fast that you can observe a living micro-ecosystem in your tank. Plus you can share your extra shrimp with others.

That happened with my platys… 2 turned into 50 too.

Ricshiz

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2021, 09:28:59 am »

I can see why people breed them all the time.

They reproduce super fast and are worth a ton for there size only problem is they’re kinda hard to catch sometimes.

Offline thelvx

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2021, 07:26:00 pm »
I used to breed guppies in a tank that size. Was really neat to see what kind of colors they’d come up with out of their little gene pool 🧬

Offline calypso

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2021, 05:43:01 pm »

They reproduce super fast and are worth a ton for there size only problem is they’re kinda hard to catch sometimes.

How many shrimps should I get to expect them to reproduce? I mainly want them to help the algae.

Ricshiz

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2021, 08:58:47 pm »

How many shrimps should I get to expect them to reproduce? I mainly want them to help the algae.

Not sure but I started off with 25 then bought 25 after that and one was already pregnant so I got lucky, I’d say maybe 20 should be enough if they’re comfortable in the tank

Offline calypso

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2021, 06:01:05 pm »

Not sure but I started off with 25 then bought 25 after that and one was already pregnant so I got lucky, I’d say maybe 20 should be enough if they’re comfortable in the tank

I think 20 shrimps could be too much for a 55g tank.

20 would be very expensive from the store, here. It would cost about ~$10usd for 4, I think.

Ricshiz

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2021, 08:42:51 pm »

I think 20 shrimps could be too much for a 55g tank.

20 would be very expensive from the store, here. It would cost about ~$10usd for 4, I think.

Oh apologies I didn’t know how big ur tank was but I think that should be fine tbh also yeah ik I didn’t get mine from an established aquarium I got them through Facebook and gumtree, you just have to find the best options that people have, a lot of people nearby you should sell them.

Offline eagleday

• Nude without Towel
  • Nothing else but my skin
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2021, 08:47:22 am »
In my office.
“Everybody thinks they want freedom, but what they really want is order.” (Valin Hess)