Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Does a bot remove gallery access or the mods?  (Read 2365 times)

Ber

Does a bot remove gallery access or the mods?
« on: March 12, 2021, 04:57:44 am »
Does a bot remove gallery access or the mods? Not that I care a lot, but it would be nice to know

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 14
    • My website
Re: Does a bot remove gallery access or the mods?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 10:23:54 am »
Was your access removed?

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 02:05:27 pm »
Both
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline linyu2048

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 12:32:36 am »
Same

Offline Adrian

• Shouting it out loud
  • Car & tech guy from Zagreb :)
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2021, 10:57:03 am »
Gallery access can be removed? Why?

Online Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2021, 11:25:49 am »
Various reasons. I will no comment on what might have happened in this case, but the most common reason is that it looks like someone is just visiting to look at naked pictures and not to actually participate in the community.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Ber

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2021, 02:01:15 pm »
Was your access removed?

Yeah. I was kind of active as well. I guess I mostly wanted to find out if it was bco that jerk I argued with

Online Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2021, 09:27:30 pm »
Was your access removed?

Yeah. I was kind of active as well. I guess I mostly wanted to find out if it was bco that jerk I argued with

That’s something you should be speaking to mods about in pm in that case.

Ber

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2021, 11:40:18 pm »
Was your access removed?

Yeah well if it was bco that argument then ppl should know it. A girl was being sexist and called me a creep, so I called her out on it and said that the only sexism I've seen has been from women in the gallery commenting on guys privates, and then that simp mod responded to that by calling me immature and that it was my fault for not reporting the sexism anyways, which is lowkey disgusting ngl, no way would they treat a girl that said that the same way. Anyways if they removed the gallery I can't report comments anyways and I think some of the comments were made by a mod. Not like I feel like looking through it again or being here much, a lot of ppl aren't very nice since then

Offline Octavia

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • She/Her
    • Revolutionary Nudism
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2021, 01:34:56 am »
Was your access removed?

Yeah well if it was bco that argument then ppl should know it. A girl was being sexist and called me a creep, so I called her out on it and said that the only sexism I've seen has been from women in the gallery commenting on guys privates, and then that simp mod responded to that by calling me immature and that it was my fault for not reporting the sexism anyways, which is lowkey disgusting ngl, no way would they treat a girl that said that the same way. Anyways if they removed the gallery I can't report comments anyways and I think some of the comments were made by a mod. Not like I feel like looking through it again or being here much, a lot of ppl aren't very nice since then

This whole thing is none of my business, but I feel compelled to reply because I am pretty sure I am "the girl that was being sexist and called you a creep" and I'd like to apologize and clarify. Looking back on my original post, I said that I couldn't think of a non-creepy reason to sort the images in the gallery by sex. A poor choice of words, I admit. In retrospect I totally see why you took offense and I apologize for that. But for the record, I never intended to personally attack you, simply to state that I couldn't think of a good reason to do it. I think that point came across to most people who read that post. I'm not certain who you're calling a "simp mod" for defending me, but as far as I'm aware no moderators are or have ever acted like that towards me. I dunno why your gallery access was removed but it had nothing to do with me and I don't appreciate being blamed for something beyond my control.

I believe you when you say you have seen weird comments on occasion in the galleries when it pertains to penises, although I usually only glance at the gallery and haven't seen any comments like that. It might be worth looking for them but the mods are busy enough without having to scour thousands of pictures to find the offending comments. That sort of thing is unacceptable in a naturist-oriented gallery like ours though, especially since there are very likely minors in some of those photos, so if anyone is able to find those comments they should be reported.

Online Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2021, 11:27:35 am »
First of all, I just took another look through that topic. And I am reminded of that joke about the radio announcement: "Be careful on highway 31, there is a driver going the wrong way" - "One? Hundreds of them!". Literally everyone else who was posting in that topic was telling you that your feature suggestion was a bad fit for a site of this type, and similarly, everyone was also telling you you were out of line when you followed up Octavia's act of pointing out the problem with that suggestion with insult after insult.

Second, DrgHybrid was pointing out that we have means to address inappropriate behavior. We very much appreciate any help we can get, but frankly, a vague rant is no help at all. There are some reasons why a lot of the more raunchy humor is posted by female members. One is Danee, who pretty much created this community from the ground up and set many precedents. When she was still active here, she did like to poke a little fun at boys at times, demonstrating that it is OK to take notice of a person's nether regions as long as it is all done in good fun. Furthermore, one more reason that such comments are made more commonly by female members is that... frankly, they probably have an easier time getting away with it in a progressive-majority environment. As evidenced by the #NotAllMen / #YesAllWomen debate that made it through the media a couple of years ago, there are sadly a few men out there who ruin friendly interactions with strangers for the rest of us. They are a minority, but they still pose a genuine threat that makes it harder for women to trust strange men. As a result, most of our male members would not dare make comments like some of the girls did because any decent man would not want to be mistaken for a predator, and crude humor in what is supposed to be a safe environment increases that risk. Of course, if any comment crosses the line of what is "good fun" we would very much like to hear about it from whomever comes across them (i.e. not you at the moment), but again, a vague rant is of no help here. We do not expect you to hunt the gallery for inappropriate comments, but if you do complain, please do so in a way that lets us actually do something about it, which your complaint did not.

Third, I do not know how far you looked into Octavia's posting history, but she was a member here long before anyone of us knew she was a woman. I am pretty sure she has plenty of experience of what it is like to be perceived by others as either of the major genders, so frankly, I am inclined to trust her experiences regarding what is and is not sexism a whole lot more than yours. I hope I am not going against Octavia's wishes by bringing this up, but she has been pretty open about that part of her life and a topic on that issue is still active.

Fourth, looking through your posting history:

anyone honest would tell you that ppl don't want to see unattractive stuff, it can be disgusting and you can't unsee stuff
More like "I don't want to have to unsee those saggy boobs all over the place". Clothes exist for a reason
I feel like you not having access to as many photos as before might be doing you a favor. But if you want to get belligerent with other members who disagree with you, I am quite certain we can come to an arrangement that ensures you will not get into any more arguments on this forum either. And if that sounds like a thinly-veiled threat to you, that is because it is. Keep insulting other members and there will be consequences.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 14
    • My website
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2021, 12:14:34 pm »

I feel like you not having access to as many photos as before might be doing you a favor. But if you want to get belligerent with other members who disagree with you, I am quite certain we can come to an arrangement that ensures you will not get into any more arguments on this forum either. And if that sounds like a thinly-veiled threat to you, that is because it is. Keep insulting other members and there will be consequences.

Wtf dude? Did you read trough that twice and still think it was a good idea to say that?

Is this how we handle conflicts on the forum? By banning and threats?

First of, I don't think we should have a gendered catagory in the gallery obviously. I strongly disagree with that.

Secondly, while I missed some of the conflict, it does appear like @Ber might have overreacted to the negative responses he got.

But for God's sake, what are you doing if not over reacting? STOP.

@Octavia s response to this thread is great. Why can't you be more like her? She apologized for over reacting and stood up for her standpoint. As one should. While you try to humiliate a child and threatwn him.

To @Ber i wanna say, please don't leave the forum because of this. I know you'll want to but it'll get worked out. So hang on.

So basically:

@Ber created a poll asking if people wanted the gallery to be sortable by gender.

He received alot of negative answers to the idea. Along with that some people called him a creep, sexist and other personal attacks (instead of arguing against the idea)

@Ber obviously got angry at people calling him stuff and retaliated. Furthermore he pointed out that alot of sexist/sexualizing comments in the gallery was made by women.

The mods/mod decided that he probably was a creep and removed his gallery access.

Am I correct or did I miss something?

I think this entire thing is going way out of hand. I frankly blame the mods, removing his gallery access due to a conflict onyl adds fuel to the flame. You know this.

As far as I Know, @Ber hasn't made any sexual comments in the gallery. So his ban from there obviously comes from him having a suggestion.

I think the conflict regarding the suggestion should have been it's own thing and not in itself led to a ban. Creating this bigger conflict.

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2021, 12:51:27 pm »
I’m locking this down now.

Majority of this should had been discussed privately.

Berating members, calling down mods, picking fights...none of this should be out in the open.

And for others outside the argument, do realize it might not seem as transparent. Someone doesn’t lose gallery access because of a simple argument with someone else. There is much more into that.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Online Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2021, 01:35:51 pm »
Is this how we handle conflicts on the forum? By banning and threats?
In respect for DrgHybrid's locking of this topic, I will not bother with an elaborate reply, but let it be known I am all for civil debate, the threats only come in when the debate is no longer being civil.