Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Critical Role  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Redfrigginriot

• Empress of Bees
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Just a naked nerd. Feel free to DM.
  • Referrals: 1
Critical Role
« on: March 16, 2021, 05:39:47 am »
Does anyone watch Critical Role? I've been watching through The Mighty Nein. I'm super glad I got into the series because it's really skyrocketed my respect for the talent of the people involved and my interest in dnd itself.
I cast destroy pants at third level.

Offline Zephyr

• Gallifrey Stands
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Critical Role
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 12:45:04 am »
I started during the tail end of Vox Machina's tenure and as such when the Mighty Nein began, I hadn't finished Vox Machina and so was like "Well, I'm committed now."

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 02:13:22 am »
Does anyone watch Critical Role? I've been watching through The Mighty Nein. I'm super glad I got into the series because it's really skyrocketed my respect for the talent of the people involved and my interest in dnd itself.

It would be interesting to get a nudist dnd group going.

Online Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 02:30:23 am »

Are you sure there isn’t one already? I’ve seen dnd get mentioned a few times on here and still have no idea what it is.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 03:17:48 am »

Are you sure there isn’t one already? I’ve seen dnd get mentioned a few times on here and still have no idea what it is.

It is a structured storytelling game reminiscent of make-believe but with rules. Players take the role of a medicinal fantasy character and take part in a narrative generated by the Dungeon Master. If you are familiar with Role-Playing Games (RPGs) like Diablo, World of Warcraft, or Dragon Age, those games are largely inspired by Dungeons and Dragons (dnd, D&D, DnD).

A quick 5 minute video explaining the core idea:

Offline Redfrigginriot

• Empress of Bees
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 06:02:02 am »

I've had that idea before but nothing ever came to be. I think it would be fun. I haven't gotten to play any campaigns with other people yet. Just played on my own with my dad as the dm.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2021, 06:54:59 am »

I've had that idea before but nothing ever came to be. I think it would be fun. I haven't gotten to play any campaigns with other people yet. Just played on my own with my dad as the dm.
I have tried as well. It never really kicked off due to lack of interest. Like I said, I’d be up to play over Skype, but I would like atleast another adult in any Skype gaming for liability reasons and parental consent for minors. It is silly, but this is world we are in. The last thing that anyone wants is a disgruntled parent seeking to “clear” embarrassment by leveling legal charges that things happened to their child without their consent. It sucks, but I am putting my foot down on that. It is necessary for the legal safety of the participating adults and the physical safety of the minors.

For now, play by post seems reasonable.

Offline Redfrigginriot

• Empress of Bees
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 02:07:30 am »

I have tried as well. It never really kicked off due to lack of interest. Like I said, I’d be up to play over Skype, but I would like atleast another adult in any Skype gaming for liability reasons and parental consent for minors. It is silly, but this is world we are in. The last thing that anyone wants is a disgruntled parent seeking to “clear” embarrassment by leveling legal charges that things happened to their child without their consent. It sucks, but I am putting my foot down on that. It is necessary for the legal safety of the participating adults and the physical safety of the minors.

For now, play by post seems reasonable.
Agreed. You can do these things quite easily on places like roll20 and it's all completely digital. No one needs to use their voice or show their face.