Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Play by post DnD game.  (Read 2649 times)

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
Play by post DnD game.
« on: March 21, 2021, 03:23:11 am »
I am tossing around the idea of starting a play by post dnd game (this might lead to a game over Skype). Post suggestions, feedback and potential characters in this thread (use 5e rules and use the array stat generation method, with options only from the core books (if I am dming it)).

Offline Octavia

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • She/Her
  • Referrals: 3
    • Revolutionary Nudism
Re: Play by post DnD game.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 03:43:44 am »
This sounds like it could be a lot of fun! I’d enjoy joining. Play by post can be difficult to pull off with D&D, though, since the DM needs to be able to facilitate everything

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 03:47:17 am »
This sounds like it could be a lot of fun! I’d enjoy joining. Play by post can be difficult to pull off with D&D, though, since the DM needs to be able to facilitate everything
Yeah it seems that way. I’d be up for giving it a shot (as a dm) in a one shot campaign. But, if someone else has more experience in this regard, I’d prefer them to dm it.

Offline Kemubu

• Photographer in Sweden
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Love, life, laughs and a bit of everything
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 06:26:09 am »
Oh oh I'd be happy to join sometime on Skype for D&D!
I'm creative, kind and social. Feel free to PM me

Riot.EXE

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 06:34:08 am »
Hit up ToplessTopics on twitter about this. She's been trying to do a similar thing, and maybe y'all could work together on it!

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 10:51:44 am »
Hit up ToplessTopics on twitter about this. She's been trying to do a similar thing, and maybe y'all could work together on it!

I saw that. She was complaining about Instagram labeling her request as soliciting sexual acts or something like that if I recall correctly. Deprariously (depressingly hilarious) funny. It is truly a wonder how companies can be so incompetent (and you can tell that this is probably incompetence) and yet turn profit. I wish her the best with that goal, but, I think she would appreciate having that group be her crowd in that regard. I appreciate the suggestion.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2021, 10:55:46 am »

I saw that. She was complaining about Instagram labeling her request as soliciting sexual acts or something like that if I recall correctly. Deprariously (depressingly hilarious) funny. It is truly a wonder how companies can be so incompetent (and you can tell that this is probably incompetence) and yet turn profit. I wish her the best with that goal, but, I think she would appreciate having that group be her crowd in that regard. I appreciate the suggestion.

I wish it were that simple, but she has a band of trolls that follow her every move and report it just to piss her off. It's not just the algorithm working against her. I follow many other people that post nudity related content, and will censor within Guidelines and catch nowhere near as much heat as she does, if any at all. It's been like this for years...

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2021, 11:19:05 am »

I wish it were that simple, but she has a band of trolls that follow her every move and report it just to piss her off. It's not just the algorithm working against her. I follow many other people that post nudity related content, and will censor within Guidelines and catch nowhere near as much heat as she does, if any at all. It's been like this for years...

I have heard of things like that. There is a YouTuber I like to watch who has a similar army of trolls who fall over themselves trying to report him. That really sucks.

Offline Redfrigginriot

• Empress of Bees
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Just a naked nerd. Feel free to DM.
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2021, 04:30:09 am »
I like this idea. But I feel like it would be best some place like discord using roll20 and dnd beyond
I cast destroy pants at third level.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2021, 04:35:47 am »
I like this idea. But I feel like it would be best some place like discord using roll20 and dnd beyond
I like the idea of using roll20, but I am not a fan of discord at present. They deleted my account without telling me what I had allegedly done. How I speak here is how I speak everywhere (there is a ton of Twitter history validating my claim here). So, I truly have no idea what the supposed violation of the TOS or CG even was. All I know is that they gave me a boilerplate email alleging misconduct and they promptly deleted my account. They still will not tell me what I did so as to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

Offline Redfrigginriot

• Empress of Bees
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2021, 04:38:31 am »
I like the idea of using roll20, but I am not a fan of discord at present. They deleted my account without telling me what I had allegedly done. How I speak here is how I speak everywhere (there is a ton of Twitter history validating my claim here). So, I truly have no idea what the supposed violation of the TOS or CG even was. All I know is that they gave me a boilerplate email alleging misconduct and they promptly deleted my account. They still will not tell me what I did so as to ensure it doesn’t happen again.
I'm sorry you had that experience. I've had discord for ages and have always been told so I find that unusual. I just suggested it because it's the best place for the social aspect of it.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2021, 04:43:47 am »
I'm sorry you had that experience. I've had discord for ages and have always been told so I find that unusual. I just suggested it because it's the best place for the social aspect of it.

I am over it, mostly, at this point. I appreciate the sentiment. I definitely see the utility. If they had better customer service and atleast apologized for their actions, I’d reconsider. But, they didn’t even have the decency of sending a nonboilerplate email until after they had deleted it. After I made a new account to engage in the help system, they *helpfully* told me that my account wasn’t deleted and that I needed to make sure to email from the email associated from the account.

I’d be open to alternatives or play by post. Feel free to keep using it yourself. If you get a group going don’t worry about starting it over discord.

Offline Redfrigginriot

• Empress of Bees
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2021, 04:59:04 am »

I am over it, mostly, at this point. I appreciate the sentiment. I definitely see the utility. If they had better customer service and atleast apologized for their actions, I’d reconsider. But, they didn’t even have the decency of sending a nonboilerplate email until after they had deleted it. After I made a new account to engage in the help system, they *helpfully* told me that my account wasn’t deleted and that I needed to make sure to email from the email associated from the account.

I’d be open to alternatives or play by post. Feel free to keep using it yourself. If you get a group going don’t worry about starting it over discord.
I completely understand your emotions about this. I'm just being very forthright with you. I can definitely at least assist in making a group. It's just if I were to do it myself it would probably be over discord. It's practically all I have.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2021, 05:05:04 am »

I completely understand your emotions about this. I'm just being very forthright with you. I can definitely at least assist in making a group. It's just if I were to do it myself it would probably be over discord. It's practically all I have.

No problem mate. (Sincere)

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2021, 05:07:14 am »

Oh, I think you might have misunderstood what I meant. When I said “don’t worry about starting it over discord” I meant don’t feel bad if I can’t join in. Sorry if that wasn’t communicated properly.