Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Play by post DnD game.  (Read 2644 times)

Offline Redfrigginriot

• Empress of Bees
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Just a naked nerd. Feel free to DM.
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Play by post DnD game.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2021, 05:16:02 am »
I like this idea. But I feel like it would be best some place like discord using roll20 and dnd beyond
I like the idea of using roll20, but I am not a fan of discord at present. They deleted my account without telling me what I had allegedly done. How I speak here is how I speak everywhere (there is a ton of Twitter history validating my claim here). So, I truly have no idea what the supposed violation of the TOS or CG even was. All I know is that they gave me a boilerplate email alleging misconduct and they promptly deleted my account. They still will not tell me what I did so as to ensure it doesn’t happen again.
I'm sorry you had that experience. I've had discord for ages and have always been told so I find that unusual. I just suggested it because it's the best place for the social aspect of it.

I am over it, mostly, at this point. I appreciate the sentiment. I definitely see the utility. If they had better customer service and atleast apologized for their actions, I’d reconsider. But, they didn’t even have the decency of sending a nonboilerplate email until after they had deleted it. After I made a new account to engage in the help system, they *helpfully* told me that my account wasn’t deleted and that I needed to make sure to email from the email associated from the account.

I’d be open to alternatives or play by post. Feel free to keep using it yourself. If you get a group going don’t worry about starting it over discord.
I completely understand your emotions about this. I'm just being very forthright with you. I can definitely at least assist in making a group. It's just if I were to do it myself it would probably be over discord. It's practically all I have.

Oh, I think you might have misunderstood what I meant. When I said “don’t worry about starting it over discord” I meant don’t feel bad if I can’t join in. Sorry if that wasn’t communicated properly.
I assumed something of the sort is what you meant. I'm just clarifying that your assumption was correct. I'd probably make it on discord.
I cast destroy pants at third level.