Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Important questions regarding the forum.  (Read 3406 times)

Online Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Important questions regarding the forum.
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2021, 08:45:23 am »
I think its perfectly reasonable for people to wonder about it.  The saying "If you aren't paying for it, then you are the product." comes to mind. 
We are not a business. None of us is gaining anything from helping run this website, apart from the pleasure of being part of this community. We run no ads; even if we wanted to, "content: nudity, target demographic: 14+" would make it pretty hard to find anyone who would want to show ads on here, almost anyone willing to advertise on a site that heavily features nudity are those that feature adults-only goods and services.

@Delta the post never comes to a conclusion. It shouldn't be hard to explain the financial situation of the forum.
Funding is provided for by one or more generous staff members. Those are the only people with a vested interest in our monetary situation.

It is highly important to know who pays, because that person de facto owns the site.
And if the site one day isn't live anymore it would be nice to know who to call.
If the site is not live anymore, the people who know who has the contract with the hosting company (which may or may not be the same person who provides the bulk of the funding) will keep that person informed. Having an additional thousand voices make noise will just distract the person trying to fix that. Also, the way I see it, treating the person who generously gives money so that this community has a place to congregate as if they owed you reeks heavily of biting the hand that feeds you.

All I am at liberty to say are things that are public knowledge: Pisco is the one who initially set up the site, and it ran on his web hosting account for years. Whoever currently contributes to running the site is free to choose whether to come forward about it or be an anonymous benefactor, whether that arrangement is still the same as it was back in 2009 or whether it has changed since then.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Pisco

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2021, 03:59:51 pm »
Hi there, Pisco here. I feel inclined to answer the questions raised by @swede  :azn:

• Who owns the forum?
    Legally and technically that's me. I'm a private person and citizen of Switzerland.
  • Who pays for the forum?
    I run the website out of Switzerland. I pay for the hosting and have done so since 2009. This is my very personal way of contributing to the naturist community.
  • Who are the admins and why are they admins?
    The admins are admins because I trust them and because I highly appreciate their support and commitment to this community.
  • Who are the mods and why are they mods?
    See my answer regarding the admins.
  • Who owns the rights to images/content posted to the forum?
    I'm no copyright expert and cannot answer that question.
  • Who has legal responsibility for the content on the site?
    See my answer above regarding ownership.
  • Is the site affiliated with inf-fni in any way?
    No, it is not.

Why are you asking @swede ? I'm not sure why the answers to these questions are important to you. And now that I have answered: please feel welcome to be part of this community and please respect our rules and staff member.

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2021, 10:53:12 pm »
Hi there, Pisco here. I feel inclined to answer the questions raised by @swede  :azn:

• Who owns the forum?
    Legally and technically that's me. I'm a private person and citizen of Switzerland.
    I run the website out of Switzerland. I pay for the hosting and have done so since 2009. This is my very personal way of contributing to the naturist community.
    The admins are admins because I trust them and because I highly appreciate their support and commitment to this community.
    No, it is not.

Why are you asking @swede ? I'm not sure why the answers to these questions are important to you. And now that I have answered: please feel welcome to be part of this community and please respect our rules and staff member.

Number 5 would depend on the image. If members posts a picture they’ve taken themselves then by rights they own the copyright although Facebook have other views on that. Other pictures that have been taken from the internet... well that’s more difficult to know unless it is recognised from a specific company or producer like eNature.

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 14
    • My website
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2021, 07:39:17 am »

• Who owns the forum?
    No, it is not.

Thank you @Pisco, that's all I wanted to know. Finally someone can come with clear answers.