General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > The Hobby Hut

World building

(1/4) > >>

Redfrigginriot:
Has anyone else ever dabbled into character/world building? In any form really. It's one of my personal passions.

blank radar:
i guess i have, although it's not something i just wake up one day and decide to do. it helps to have toiled on one project for years and consistently have new ideas about what to change retroactively

Redfrigginriot:

--- Quote from: blank radar on March 26, 2021, 02:59:20 am ---i guess i have, although it's not something i just wake up one day and decide to do. it helps to have toiled on one project for years and consistently have new ideas about what to change retroactively

--- End quote ---
I agree with that approach. I've been working on my world building project for at least a year now.

Octavia:
I have done stuff like this quite a few times, actually, I really enjoy it. I'd like to become an author and/or screenwriter someday, and in the meantime I love worldbuilding projects, it's really fun to figure out how a world will work and what the ramifications of that are.

Naturallyme:
Tolkein was a genius at this. It's so important to create the illusion that a fictional world is real. It has to be taken absolutely seriously even if it's the most ridiculous place. I love Lord if the Rings and it works because Tolkein abides by his rules. It's fascinating.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version