Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Mario Kart  (Read 4193 times)

Offline Redfrigginriot

• Empress of Bees
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Just a naked nerd. Feel free to DM.
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Mario Kart
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2021, 01:11:45 am »
SNES? I had no idea Mario Kart was that old. I know Mario itself is.
Mario predates the SNES. It goes back to the NES. Mario kart came around on the SNES which means it's slightly younger than super mario.

Mario predates the NES. He was on arcades (starting with Donkey Kong) and Game&Watch. Those games had little to do with the Mario games we now know, though.

Super Mario Kart was pretty much invented to show off the depth effects the SNES can do.
Right. When I said super mario I meant his most famous title on the NES. The modern franchise not the character.
I cast destroy pants at third level.

Offline blank radar

• Teens Only Member
  • Naturist Superhero
  • he/him
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2021, 01:58:45 am »
Mario predates the SNES. It goes back to the NES. Mario kart came around on the SNES which means it's slightly younger than super mario.

Mario predates the NES. He was on arcades (starting with Donkey Kong) and Game&Watch. Those games had little to do with the Mario games we now know, though.

Super Mario Kart was pretty much invented to show off the depth effects the SNES can do.
mario predates the arcades and game&watch. all throughout history, mario has been there, essential to every important event to ever happen. mario is the arbiter of all life. mario is the guardian of the universe

Offline Redfrigginriot

• Empress of Bees
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2021, 01:59:29 am »

mario predates the arcades and game&watch. all throughout history, mario has been there, essential to every important event to ever happen. mario is the arbiter of all life. mario is the guardian of the universe
Mario did my mom

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2021, 06:21:15 am »

There is actually a bit of truth to that. Mario was watching whether Nintendo of America could pay the bills at least, because the guy that the character was named after was their landlord. Kirby is named after their lawyer, by the way.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Redfrigginriot

• Empress of Bees
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2021, 01:09:57 pm »

There is actually a bit of truth to that. Mario was watching whether Nintendo of America could pay the bills at least, because the guy that the character was named after was their landlord. Kirby is named after their lawyer, by the way.
Knew about mario. Didn't know about kirby.

A_Realbro

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2021, 09:18:46 pm »

I thought Luigi was named after the landlord not Mario?

Offline calypso

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2021, 09:44:49 pm »
1. Mario was created by Shigeru Miyamoto and appeared in the game designer's first ever title, the 1981 arcade platformer, Donkey Kong. Miyamoto was hired as a graphic artist by Nintendo in 1977, and was given the task of designing a game after several of the company's early coin-ops had failed to make an impression on the lucrative arcade market. Donkey Kong was created using the hardware behind an older arcade title named Radar Scope, which sunk without a trace in the US. Miyamoto ditched the shooting theme and added an ape and rolling barrels. Success naturally followed.

2. Mario was originally known as Jumpman. However, when Nintendo's US office were trying to think of a better name in time for the American release of the game, they were interrupted by their landlord Mario Segale, after whom they christened the character.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2010/sep/13/games-gameculture

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
    • Absolute Freedom
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2021, 01:50:04 pm »
I own and love every version of Mario Kart. The only one I have not beaten entirely is the one where they actually force you to use the motorcycles. I am no good with those things. I just can't recall which version of it that was. I think the most recent was really the best version for racing with some really great tracks, but for battles nothing has come close to the N64 version.

Offline TheNudeBot

• Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 8
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2021, 01:32:24 pm »
Honestly I used to love that game series.  Haven’t played it forever, and I sucked at it, but it was always fun lol
Hanging out with everything out

Offline calypso

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2021, 02:20:59 pm »
I own and love every version of Mario Kart. The only one I have not beaten entirely is the one where they actually force you to use the motorcycles. I am no good with those things. I just can't recall which version of it that was. I think the most recent was really the best version for racing with some really great tracks, but for battles nothing has come close to the N64 version.

Yep, n64 is still a legit console!

Offline blank radar

• Teens Only Member
  • Naturist Superhero
  • he/him
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2021, 07:37:21 pm »
a necessary update:
you could even say he's the...
guardian of the galaxy