Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: European Super League  (Read 2532 times)

Offline kingsalah05

• Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
  • message me plz im so lonely
  • Referrals: 0
European Super League
« on: April 18, 2021, 10:50:21 pm »
Calling football fans, what do you think about the plans for a european super league that have just been announced? as a liverpool fan i think it’s an awful idea tbh(also my username is a liverpool player so if this goes ahead i’ll need new username suggestions :rotfl2:)

Offline cdw

• Nude with Towel
  • Always down to chat :)
Re: European Super League
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 08:48:34 am »
Can anybody explain for someone who knows nothing about football what's going on? All I know is there's a massive controversy but that's it.

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 03:23:58 pm »
I thought we had a European league, EUEFA cup or something.

Can anybody explain for someone who knows nothing about football what's going on? All I know is there's a massive controversy but that's it.

I don’t want to say too much at risk of breaking the non political discussion rule but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a certain situation fuelling the fires.

Offline boris

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 12:26:52 pm »
i dont like the idea of the superleague.
deutschsprachiges (jugend)forum: board.fkk-web.com

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 02:25:21 pm »
Ok I apologise in advance because I’m about to break non political discussion rule

I have no idea what it’s even supposed to be but there seem to be objections. I don’t understand why though. Not a football fan but surely people who like it would be thrilled at another silly league... or is this objection all political bs from the little Englanders hatred for Europe?

Offline kingsalah05

• Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 02:35:18 pm »
Ok I apologise in advance because I’m about to break non political discussion rule

I have no idea what it’s even supposed to be but there seem to be objections. I don’t understand why though. Not a football fan but surely people who like it would be thrilled at another silly league... or is this objection all political bs from the little Englanders hatred for Europe?
not really a hatred for europe thing, there’s only clubs from three countries in it as of yet. it’s more a feeling of betrayal that a game made and sustained by the working class has just become yet another way to make money for the foreign billionaires that own the clubs. realistically, it’s been coming for a long time but it doesn’t make it morally just

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 02:41:36 pm »

not really a hatred for europe thing, there’s only clubs from three countries in it as of yet. it’s more a feeling of betrayal that a game made and sustained by the working class has just become yet another way to make money for the foreign billionaires that own the clubs. realistically, it’s been coming for a long time but it doesn’t make it morally just

It became that a very long time ago Newcastle currently owned by billionaire Mike Ashley is looking likely to be bought by Saudi Arabia.

Offline kingsalah05

• Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2021, 02:43:57 pm »

It became that a very long time ago Newcastle currently owned by billionaire Mike Ashley is looking likely to be bought by Saudi Arabia.
exactly, that said its not looked like Ashley has cared about the club either for quite a while now

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2021, 02:46:56 pm »

exactly, that said its not looked like Ashley has cared about the club either for quite a while now

He never did nor did he ever care about the workers at his sports direct who made him rich. My brother used to work at one, the stories you hear about them are true. I have no idea how he has been allowed to keep Newcastle for so long. Years ago he was found to have invested in Rangers which would mean he has conflict of interest. Should have been fined so hard that he’d be forced to sell years ago.

Offline boris

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2021, 08:17:32 am »
as it looks now, the superleague is over...
deutschsprachiges (jugend)forum: board.fkk-web.com

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2021, 04:00:07 pm »
as it looks now, the superleague is over...

I suppose there are far too many going on anyway

Offline Buzzulepuff

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2021, 07:31:28 am »
One problem was that it seemed to have no relegation or so. There's no guarantee that some of the teams would stay at a world class level or a lower club be bought by someone with a bit of money and improve significantly. The europa league isn't broken imo so why change it.

Offline alwaysveryconflicted

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2021, 10:24:43 pm »
One problem was that it seemed to have no relegation or so. There's no guarantee that some of the teams would stay at a world class level or a lower club be bought by someone with a bit of money and improve significantly. The europa league isn't broken imo so why change it.

That's the whole reason why the super league is so wrong. It was going to give the owners so much money with minimal risk while ruining what makes football unique. Clubs aren't franchises like some of these owners think.