News of IYNO and Announcements > FAQ and Information!

What do the squares mean?

<< < (2/2)

Delta:
I am sorry, it was not my intent to portray you as someone here for the pictures, especially considering you are quite the active talker. I was merely curious how you never noticed it in the forum when it appears in exactly the same place, but it turns out that the gallery, being an extension to the forum software rather than a built-in component, does not reformat content for mobile devices in the same way the topic view does.

Intentional/odd in what way? Having things like stars under the name for different user groups is not terribly uncommon in forum software, and those squares are the way the theme we use (which is based on SMF 2.0's default "Curve" theme) displays them. We did repurpose them a little, in most forums the non-yellow stars are all reserved for various moderator roles, but we only use one color for all staff to avoid giving the impression of a strict hierarchy, which freed two of the colors up for groups with special access.

Redfrigginriot:

--- Quote from: Delta on May 17, 2021, 12:28:50 pm ---I am sorry, it was not my intent to portray you as someone here for the pictures, especially considering you are quite the active talker. I was merely curious how you never noticed it in the forum when it appears in exactly the same place, but it turns out that the gallery, being an extension to the forum software rather than a built-in component, does not reformat content for mobile devices in the same way the topic view does.

Intentional/odd in what way? Having things like stars under the name for different user groups is not terribly uncommon in forum software, and those squares are the way the theme we use (which is based on SMF 2.0's default "Curve" theme) displays them. We did repurpose them a little, in most forums the non-yellow stars are all reserved for various moderator roles, but we only use one color for all staff to avoid giving the impression of a strict hierarchy, which freed two of the colors up for groups with special access.

--- End quote ---
The squares don't appear on mobile outside of the gallery.

Delta:
Yeah... I noticed by now. I said so twice now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version