General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > The Hobby Hut

Sewing and/or embroidery

<< < (3/3)

Fishandchips:

--- Quote from: NudeBoldo on August 14, 2021, 06:55:00 am ---I love to sew (even more so since I got a computerized sewing machine)!
I usually sew shirts for myself (not T-shirts, more like business shirts) or dresses for my niece who is four. It's so much fun to use unicorn cloth and lace - which I never use for myself (well...except for the unicorn cloth that changes colour in the sun...).
It's all self-taught, and every other project I'm trying something new to learn something new.
My grand project will be a suit for myself for graduation day next year.
I've also done a Rockabilly dress for my sister.

It's easy to find normal business shirts in my size, but if you want to have something different, it's impossible; that's where it comes in very handy.
It all started a few years back with knitting, as there weren't nice, fitting hats for my large skull.
I'll try to attach a photo one of my favourite self-made shirts. It's very lemony  :laughcrying:

--- End quote ---

Nice, I’ve never known anyone who makes their own clothes. They’ll always be unique to you and your niece… until she gets older and started wanting designer brands to “fit in”

Hrafn:

--- Quote from: Fishandchips on August 14, 2021, 08:12:36 pm ---Nice, I’ve never known anyone who makes their own clothes. They’ll always be unique to you and your niece… until she gets older and started wanting designer brands to “fit in”

--- End quote ---

You just about have to make your own historical clothes for medieval re-enacting! I'm making a Viking age Swedish coat at the moment. I've long given up on fitting in, sometimes I wear my historical clothes when I go places

Fishandchips:

--- Quote from: Hrafn on August 16, 2021, 05:49:27 am ---
--- Quote from: Fishandchips on August 14, 2021, 08:12:36 pm ---Nice, I’ve never known anyone who makes their own clothes. They’ll always be unique to you and your niece… until she gets older and started wanting designer brands to “fit in”

--- End quote ---

You just about have to make your own historical clothes for medieval re-enacting! I'm making a Viking age Swedish coat at the moment. I've long given up on fitting in, sometimes I wear my historical clothes when I go places

--- End quote ---

I suppose that is a point if you do period dress. Used to love Victorian, Edwardian and 1940s events at railways and museums. Didn’t dress up myself though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version