Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Gypsy Taub – A San Francisco Nude Activist  (Read 8742 times)

Offline kingsalah05

• Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
  • message me plz im so lonely
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Gypsy Taub – A San Francisco Nude Activist
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2021, 06:37:25 pm »
Holy shit that's nonce behaviour, that.
the classic english phrase

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2021, 07:01:03 pm »
Holy shit that's nonce behaviour, that.
the classic english phrase

Another one, can I smell weed?

Offline Fitness1617

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2021, 02:37:36 am »
Yeah, I think I agree with the consensus here that she seems nutty that gives a bad name to nudism/naturism. Which is sad, as she seems to play a big role in the scene in San Francisco. I also find the militant nudism a bit odd. Maybe this is a minority position here, but just as the world is now, I don’t think allowing full public nudity outside of naturist resorts is a good idea. Too many perverts would take advantage of it IMO.

Offline Longingtobenude

• Shouting it out loud
  • Hello:)
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2021, 03:26:22 am »
Yeah, I think I agree with the consensus here that she seems nutty that gives a bad name to nudism/naturism. Which is sad, as she seems to play a big role in the scene in San Francisco. I also find the militant nudism a bit odd. Maybe this is a minority position here, but just as the world is now, I don’t think allowing full public nudity outside of naturist resorts is a good idea. Too many perverts would take advantage of it IMO.

I see it as a human right.  We shouldn't have to pay for the privilege of being nude in some special, cordoned off area. 

Offline Octavia

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • She/Her
  • Referrals: 3
    • Revolutionary Nudism
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2021, 08:07:00 pm »

I agree with you to an extent. I don't think it should be limited to resorts, because that makes it something you have to pay to do which is already a massive problem, but I do think there's a lot more people than we like to admit that are using nudism/naturism for less-than-pure reasons. Gypsy Taub might serve as a wake-up call to that end.

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2021, 08:08:56 pm »

I agree with you to an extent. I don't think it should be limited to resorts, because that makes it something you have to pay to do which is already a massive problem, but I do think there's a lot more people than we like to admit that are using nudism/naturism for less-than-pure reasons. Gypsy Taub might serve as a wake-up call to that end.

Unfortunately that wake up call is more fuel to the anti nude campaigns fire

Offline Fitness1617

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2021, 10:11:46 pm »

Yeah that’s a good point. I’m pretty sure there are some nude beaches in Florida that are free like Blind Creek Beach (at least I don’t remember seeing them paying) but I’m sure that isn’t an option for a lot of people, and I’d hate for naturism to have a price tag.

Offline ViolentBunny

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2021, 01:06:10 pm »
I have actually met her and her family once. I feel like she isn't a bad person, but she does questionable things. 

coolstolSE

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2021, 03:17:43 pm »
What a weirdo

Offline NakedShadow

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Vivre Sa Vie
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2021, 10:38:35 pm »
I have actually met her and her family once. I feel like she isn't a bad person, but she does questionable things.

Is there a good story there or did you just see them in a protest or shopping in a store?

Offline ViolentBunny

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2021, 09:54:06 am »
Not really. We know them through a friend. I've only met them once.

Is there a good story there or did you just see them in a protest or shopping in a store?

Offline ernestgordon17

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2021, 01:46:42 pm »
While I appreciate her enthusiasm, I think that Gypsy Taub is a complete nut who only does harm to the naturist community.

Offline timnudist

• Naked is Natural !
  • Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Be pround to be a Nudist !
  • Referrals: 9
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2021, 05:30:09 pm »
on one hand she is definitly a whack a do.. but...at least she had the grapes to stand up for nudism.  I kind of admire that part.  I personally am the kind to "work from within"  but its not bad to have a "bomb thrower"  as part of the mix
I LOVE to be naked !

Offline eagleday

• Nude without Towel
  • Nothing else but my skin
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2021, 01:57:12 am »
My take on this, and also on cases like this (https://internationalyn.org/forum/index.php/topic,31922.0/topicseen.html) or this (https://internationalyn.org/forum/index.php/topic,31918.msg315197.html#msg315197) is to put humanity before nudism.

I can go at length about it, but I leave a room for discussion.
“Everybody thinks they want freedom, but what they really want is order.” (Valin Hess)

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
    • Absolute Freedom
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2021, 04:26:26 pm »
I know activism is a good way to get things done, but I also always look at the people who get that into things as a little eccentric.