Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Doctor Who | Returning Showrunner  (Read 3147 times)

Online nakedisnatural

• Birthday Suit Enjoyer
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
  • massive doctor who fanboy, loves being naked
  • Referrals: 1
Doctor Who | Returning Showrunner
« on: September 25, 2021, 05:32:48 pm »
I was very shocked to Russell T Davies is returning as Doctor Who showrunner for 2023. I am so hyped for it.

What are all of your thoughts about the BBC's choice for bringing back a previous showrunner?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58682472

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
Re: Doctor Who | Returning Showrunner
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 06:44:59 pm »
Hmm…. He got off to a good start but things tailed off for me towards end of David tenant. He made tenants doctor a total dick head especially in waters of Mars and I ended up wishing they’d get the change to Matt smith over with.  By contrast, I felt that Moffat started out crap making his first series seem overly childish and too much repetition in the second series but got better. I can’t figure out what to make of whatever this current guy is doing… whatever happens happens I suppose. I could either find it really great or totally crap. Only time and relative dimensions in space can tell

Offline iHateClothes

• BANNED
  • Nude without Towel
  • Banned for being a jerk to others
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 07:21:59 pm »
I am very very happy about it. Chibbs the idiot ruined Who for me and a majority of the fan base hates him. Russle made some of the best of Who and while I don't think it will outdo itself I think it will be a huge upgrade from the crap that was season 13 and after.
Nudity is a human right.

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 07:43:16 pm »
I am very very happy about it. Chibbs the idiot ruined Who for me and a majority of the fan base hates him. Russle made some of the best of Who and while I don't think it will outdo itself I think it will be a huge upgrade from the crap that was season 13 and after.

60th anniversary in 2 years. Did you get to see the 50th anniversary special when it was first released to cinemas?

Online nakedisnatural

• Birthday Suit Enjoyer
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2021, 07:45:45 pm »

Series 13 hasn't even released yet lol but I think you meant from Series 11 onwards. The only real problem with Chris Chibnall's era of Doctor Who is his excruciatingly painful shit writing, and maybe some actor decisions. Ryan Sinclair (a previous companion to the 13th Doctor) really didn't have much to him. All it was, his dyspraxia and his terrible relationship with his father, of which was pretty much sorted out after one series. He really wasn't given any character development. Yazmin Khan hasn't either but I hope it's built on in the upcoming series that should be released before the end of the year.

Online nakedisnatural

• Birthday Suit Enjoyer
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2021, 07:48:58 pm »
60th anniversary in 2 years.

I am extremely excited for that considering that'll be RTD's first episode back as showrunner. Chibnall's era still has Series 13 and 3 specials (including the BBC 100 Year Anniversary special) yet until we get to see RTD's second era.

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 08:00:43 pm »

Series 13 hasn't even released yet lol but I think you meant from Series 11 onwards. The only real problem with Chris Chibnall's era of Doctor Who is his excruciatingly painful shit writing, and maybe some actor decisions. Ryan Sinclair (a previous companion to the 13th Doctor) really didn't have much to him. All it was, his dyspraxia and his terrible relationship with his father, of which was pretty much sorted out after one series. He really wasn't given any character development. Yazmin Khan hasn't either but I hope it's built on in the upcoming series that should be released before the end of the year.

Don’t forget his reluctance to call Bradley Walsh his grandad 😂

Online nakedisnatural

• Birthday Suit Enjoyer
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 08:51:48 pm »

Don’t forget his reluctance to call Bradley Walsh his grandad 😂

The amount of times Graham (Bradley Walsh) tries to give Ryan a fist bump 💀

Offline iHateClothes

• BANNED
  • Nude without Towel
  • Banned for being a jerk to others
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2021, 09:24:34 pm »

Whoops, didn't notice the typo.
Nudity is a human right.

Offline AnotherNudist

• Nude with Towel
  • Looking to make friends
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2021, 04:00:27 pm »
I hope They keep Jodie for a bit longer then, give her a well-written season, or at least just until the 60th. Give her something good to end on

Online nakedisnatural

• Birthday Suit Enjoyer
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2021, 07:00:36 pm »
I hope They keep Jodie for a bit longer then, give her a well-written season, or at least just until the 60th. Give her something good to end on

As far as the whole fanbase is aware right now, Jodie Whittaker is leaving in the centenary special, unless something changes beforehand.

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2021, 07:15:29 pm »

Thing is will Davis take over before the 60th or after?

Online nakedisnatural

• Birthday Suit Enjoyer
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2021, 07:18:47 pm »

Russell T Davies is writing the 60th anniversary and at least one series. It isn't confirmed whether or not he'll be writing any more at the moment.

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2021, 07:22:39 pm »

Russell T Davies is writing the 60th anniversary and at least one series. It isn't confirmed whether or not he'll be writing any more at the moment.

Ok hope it turns out good

Offline ViolentBunny

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2021, 12:45:20 pm »
I wonder if Chris Eccleston would consider an appearance again now. I doubt it though