Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: School asks parents not to drop off their kids in pjs and dressing gowns  (Read 5296 times)

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
  • Referrals: 1
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/teesside-school-dressing-gowns-pyjamas-21736871?fbclid=IwAR3G9Usw7owIpCJ5nzlZGS8Yvj-3ciBGjVHn432N5IFbQdAcne4Vt5vZv-I

If they’re kicking up a fuss about this, you can imagine the shit storm we have every time a nude swim is advertised

Offline Redfrigginriot

• Empress of Bees
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Just a naked nerd. Feel free to DM.
Re: School asks parents not to drop off their kids in pjs and dressing gowns
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 04:23:45 pm »
They're not wrong or unreasonable. The dress code exists on school grounds for a reason.
I cast destroy pants at third level.

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 06:40:05 pm »
They're not wrong or unreasonable. The dress code exists on school grounds for a reason.

Yeah the complaints especially about parents collecting kids in the same pjs later isn’t very encouraging to their kids to get washed and dressed and practice body hygiene

Offline Redfrigginriot

• Empress of Bees
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Just a naked nerd. Feel free to DM.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2021, 09:19:09 pm »

Yeah the complaints especially about parents collecting kids in the same pjs later isn’t very encouraging to their kids to get washed and dressed and practice body hygiene
Yeah if you show up to school in a bathrobe and a towel in your hair that's not gonna look too good on the schools end from an outside view. They gotta maintain a certain level of prestige so they don't look bad.
I cast destroy pants at third level.

Offline Octavia

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • She/Her
  • Referrals: 3
    • Revolutionary Nudism
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2021, 09:40:18 pm »

What reason? Because in my experience dress codes in schools exist for one of two reasons:
1) This arbitrary thing is apparently associated with gangs? (That might be a regional thing idk)
2) If girls have bare shoulders the boys won't be able to focus on the math test!

And I'm not a fan of either reason I gotta say.

Offline nakedisnatural

• Birthday Suit Enjoyer
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
  • massive doctor who fanboy, loves being naked
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2021, 10:10:38 pm »
The wording confuses me. I doubt it's the children that are being sent in pyjamas. It's the parents taking them to and from school  while wearing pyjamas, right?

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2021, 12:01:00 am »
The wording confuses me. I doubt it's the children that are being sent in pyjamas. It's the parents taking them to and from school  while wearing pyjamas, right?

Yeah I got that same confusion at first.

Offline spongeman

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/teesside-school-dressing-gowns-pyjamas-21736871?fbclid=IwAR3G9Usw7owIpCJ5nzlZGS8Yvj-3ciBGjVHn432N5IFbQdAcne4Vt5vZv-I

If they’re kicking up a fuss about this, you can imagine the shit storm we have every time a nude swim is advertised

I don't think it's fair to compare such things. There are situations where it might be ok to wear a PJ, there are situations where it's ok to be naked. But this is not one of those situations. It's the same as going to a Michelin restaurant dressed in sportswear - it's just not the right place for that.

Offline alwaysveryconflicted

• Topless with bottoms

Being out in public with pyjamas on honestly looks terrible in my opinion, especially since pyjamas are unnecessary items of clothing to begin with. Is it that difficult for the parents to at least look nice and practising good hygiene while in public while dropping off their child?

Offline Sofia

• Bare Squad - Special Girls Unit
  • Shouting it out loud

Being out in public with pyjamas on honestly looks terrible in my opinion, especially since pyjamas are unnecessary items of clothing to begin with. Is it that difficult for the parents to at least look nice and practising good hygiene while in public while dropping off their child?

I agree plus it shows a sign of laziness too. If you can't be bothered to wake up, get dressed to get to school changes are you won't be prepared to be educated.

Offline spongeman

• Nude without Towel
I agree plus it shows a sign of laziness too. If you can't be bothered to wake up, get dressed to get to school changes are you won't be prepared to be educated.

It's actually the parents in this case, not the students, so they're not the ones being educates. Which is even worse, because they're supposed to be the mature role models