Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Age Limit discussion  (Read 9438 times)

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
Age Limit discussion
« on: October 09, 2021, 01:09:09 am »
All comments, questions, concerns, etc to be put here.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 01:13:48 am by DrgHybrid »
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline Longingtobenude

• Shouting it out loud
  • Hello:)
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Age Limit discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 02:12:33 am »
I'm looking forward to my 40th so I can post this clip again. 

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 02:28:16 am »
I guess I expected to be on borrowed time when I joined but then I saw people who were up to 50 still here and felt a sense of relief that up until now members who turned 40 were able to stay if they were valued contributors.

I have joined free range pretty much soon after here where I first heard of it but it’s not active, inspiring or varied in discussion as is here, like. Got politely told to keep topic to purely naturism when I mentioned something about railways or something. I think another admin once commented he joined and left but I may be wrong.

I’ve also been a member of true nudists for about 20 years, in a fakebook group with rl friends and moderate a mewe group with them too. None have been as interesting and engaging as IYNO. Joined oh naturist yesterday to see what it’s like… not impressed so far. I’m running out of options.

But the forum was intended for 14-40 and I knew that from the start. In the end it’s up to the owners/ admins what the rules are. We’ve got a good bunch in here and I hope you’ll all join free range and make it as fun as here with the 18-40 year olds managing accounts on both.

Offline timnudist

• Naked is Natural !
  • Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Be pround to be a Nudist !
  • Referrals: 9
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 02:46:41 am »
if you ask me its kind of creepy to hang on talling to younger naturists.
I LOVE to be naked !

Offline Octavia

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • She/Her
  • Referrals: 3
    • Revolutionary Nudism
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 02:49:20 am »
This is a long overdue move and I support it 100%.

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 02:49:37 am »

Understandable. What age limit do you think it should be?

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2021, 02:56:50 am »
I guess I expected to be on borrowed time when I joined but then I saw people who were up to 50 still here and felt a sense of relief that up until now members who turned 40 were able to stay if they were valued contributors.

I have joined free range pretty much soon after here where I first heard of it but it’s not active, inspiring or varied in discussion as is here, like. Got politely told to keep topic to purely naturism when I mentioned something about railways or something. I think another admin once commented he joined and left but I may be wrong.

I’ve also been a member of true nudists for about 20 years, in a fakebook group with rl friends and moderate a mewe group with them too. None have been as interesting and engaging as IYNO. Joined oh naturist yesterday to see what it’s like… not impressed so far. I’m running out of options.

But the forum was intended for 14-40 and I knew that from the start. In the end it’s up to the owners/ admins what the rules are. We’ve got a good bunch in here and I hope you’ll all join free range and make it as fun as here with the 18-40 year olds managing accounts on both.

My personal feelings on Free Range is that they need to welcome in a few admins/moderators. Especially since I think they are only ran by 2. But, we want someone to suggest as well to move on to. And, of course, we can't suggest TN as they are just terrible.

Considering on what those 2 talked on, they should welcome conversations on other topics. Not just on nudism.

Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2021, 03:11:07 am »

My personal feelings on Free Range is that they need to welcome in a few admins/moderators. Especially since I think they are only ran by 2. But, we want someone to suggest as well to move on to. And, of course, we can't suggest TN as they are just terrible.

Considering on what those 2 talked on, they should welcome conversations on other topics. Not just on nudism.

I don’t know… I’ve struggled to make contributions I’m looking through their forums now and nothing stands out that I feel I could contribute to. I stopped even looking in there after a couple of months as it got to a point where it seemed to be the same few older guys talking about a their own nudist activities in their own region.

And honestly @timnudist when I first joined for those early weeks or months I really felt self conscious about how a mid 30s joining fresh would be perceived until my interactions were all appearing to be positive  I never had any complaints and being the youngest member of a naturist club that is mainly 50-70 year olds felt the and change and energy refreshing.

Offline Infinity Biscuit

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • she/her
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2021, 04:31:18 am »
I had thought this was already policy, so I'm happy to see it be the case now

Offline timnudist

• Naked is Natural !
  • Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Be pround to be a Nudist !
  • Referrals: 9
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2021, 05:39:29 am »

When I joined Dannee ran the show and the cut off was 35... ppl had the good grace to leave before they embarassed themselfs.. over 35 have tons of options where the 14 yo has only this...how are u supposed to feel like you can be open an honest if ppl your parents age are watching.
I LOVE to be naked !

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2021, 05:53:58 am »

When I joined Dannee ran the show and the cut off was 35... ppl had the good grace to leave before they embarassed themselfs.. over 35 have tons of options where the 14 yo has only this...how are u supposed to feel like you can be open an honest if ppl your parents age are watching.

I think you might have your ages wrong. I was here before you and it was 40.

Actually, I thought you mentioning this looked familiar. Even @Wesley told you last time that wasn't the case. Please don't be spreading false information.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 06:06:55 am by DrgHybrid »

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2021, 06:50:04 am »
When it comes to covering an entire generation, it is kind of inevitable that between the oldest and youngest members, the age difference is large enough to include a parent-child relationship in here. The reason we are introducing a cutoff age now is largely because we are approaching the point where the gap between the oldest and youngest members could feasibly account for a grandparent/grandchild relationship.

But yes, I do not want to rule out the possibility that there may have been a little variance in the top end of the age range in the past; I do not remember the details. But I am fairly certain that it was always somewhere around the age of 40. That was the case when Stuart and Karla, two members from the early days of IYNO, who joined our staff at about the same time I did, decided to lead by example and leave back in 2013/2014, setting up a forum without an upper age limit that we would end up directing people older than our target demographic to. Danee in fact encouraged them to stay, but they were concerned we would risk our youth focus if members who grew out of our target audience would stick around forever.

You might be mixing things up with YNAI, a community that is now defunct after several sudden changes in ownership. I believe their upper age limit was a bit lower than ours, but I am not sure, had not been very active there for several years before the site went offline.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline JustARando

• Spider-dude
  • Nude with Towel
  • Not sure what this is.
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2021, 09:44:36 pm »
As a 29 yo, I feel awkward talking to kids half my age and I'm sure this awkwardness goes both ways. Also, I feel older people tend to dominate conversations. This should be a safe space for younger people.
Don't be afraid to try something new.

Offline JoyousLemons

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • She/her
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2021, 03:50:46 am »
As a 29 yo, I feel awkward talking to kids half my age and I'm sure this awkwardness goes both ways. Also, I feel older people tend to dominate conversations. This should be a safe space for younger people.

I completely agree. It's just weird talking with people that are nearly triple my age

Offline carbon

• Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Feeling Adequate.
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2021, 03:57:13 am »
I'm not even 30 and yet I already feel like a boomer :laughcrying: