General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > Television, Movies and Theatre

No Time To Die (Spoiler alert)

(1/2) > >>

Naturalguy87:
Anyone else see it?  What were your thoughts on the ending?

Fishandchips:
I’ve not seen it and not really interested in watching it but I’m curious about this ending and what people think and why

Harold:
I am in too minds about the ending and it all depends on what happens next. It says spoiler alert in the title so I'm gonna go ahead and speak openly. James bond is dead. Sooooo..... either thay cast someone else as James bond and do an alternative time line and start again. Orr they put James bond to bed and start a new franchise with his daughter. I am hoping for the 1st option with Henry Cavel. I can't see any other option working in my option.

Fishandchips:

--- Quote from: Harold on October 17, 2021, 05:14:55 am ---I am in too minds about the ending and it all depends on what happens next. It says spoiler alert in the title so I'm gonna go ahead and speak openly. James bond is dead. Sooooo..... either thay cast someone else as James bond and do an alternative time line and start again. Orr they put James bond to bed and start a new franchise with his daughter. I am hoping for the 1st option with Henry Cavel. I can't see any other option working in my option.

--- End quote ---

I think James Bond is kinda like Doctor Who but rather than regenerate, when a 007 retires or is killed another agent is assigned the role and takes the name over. I remember Daniel Craig saying to M in his first film something like 007s don’t live very long. There was also something in the early years when Sean Connery returned for a one off being brought out of retirement and was having to get fit again for the job.

NaturalInNY:

--- Quote from: Fishandchips on October 19, 2021, 04:38:26 pm ---There was also something in the early years when Sean Connery returned for a one off being brought out of retirement and was having to get fit again for the job.

--- End quote ---
That was Never Say Never Again, which technically isn't part of the official Bond canon. And the story behind it is a fascinating one.
https://weminoredinfilm.com/2020/05/09/never-say-never-again-the-year-of-two-bonds/

I never liked the fan theory that "James Bond" was a mantle taken by multiple people. I remember people being mad that the Craig films shot that to hell by specifically mentioning the Bond family. The line about 007s I believe was meant to reference the number designation. Like the agent Nomi who's 007 for part of No Time To Die.

Also, while not being part of the official canon, let's all take a moment to appreciate this banger:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version