General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > Television, Movies and Theatre

No Time To Die (Spoiler alert)

<< < (2/2)

Fishandchips:

--- Quote from: NaturalInNY on October 19, 2021, 11:11:54 pm ---
--- Quote from: Fishandchips on October 19, 2021, 04:38:26 pm ---There was also something in the early years when Sean Connery returned for a one off being brought out of retirement and was having to get fit again for the job.

--- End quote ---
That was Never Say Never Again, which technically isn't part of the official Bond canon. And the story behind it is a fascinating one.
https://weminoredinfilm.com/2020/05/09/never-say-never-again-the-year-of-two-bonds/

I never liked the fan theory that "James Bond" was a mantle taken by multiple people. I remember people being mad that the Craig films shot that to hell by specifically mentioning the Bond family. The line about 007s I believe was meant to reference the number designation. Like the agent Nomi who's 007 for part of No Time To Die.

Also, while not being part of the official canon, let's all take a moment to appreciate this banger:

--- End quote ---

Oh I see, I never really followed bond closely, only watched the occasional movie do I really don’t understand it further than Bond being a secret service agent with M in charge and Q providing him with gadgets.

Naturallyme:
I think it should have been more ambiguous about whether he died or not so it's left up to to the viewer to decide. Daniel Craig is my celebrity crush (or one of them  😂) so in my mind Bond survived a few missiles being dropped on his head.

frehm92:
One doesn't kill James Bond. Period.

Ross19:
My thinking is that it's 007 James Bond and you can't have the same movie franchise as like 007 Fred blogs. Plus in the last scene Maddilyn says to Bonds daughter as she's driving the Aston "let me tell you a story" which makes me think that they are going to redo all the movies from Dr No with modern filming techniques and a new bond

Fishandchips:

--- Quote from: Ross19 on January 09, 2022, 10:04:16 am ---My thinking is that it's 007 James Bond and you can't have the same movie franchise as like 007 Fred blogs. Plus in the last scene Maddilyn says to Bonds daughter as she's driving the Aston "let me tell you a story" which makes me think that they are going to redo all the movies from Dr No with modern filming techniques and a new bond

--- End quote ---

Bond has a daughter?  :thinking:

I hope you’re wrong about them redoing the old movies, I’m getting sick of that crap

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version