General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > The Sports Bar!

Nude swimming pool

<< < (4/7) > >>

Jem:
I've often wanted to have a local pool that does nude hours - there currently isn't one in NZ where I live

Kuromi:
We do have a couple of small ones (<20m), but from the looks of it they're way too crowded and always booked out. I'm also a pretty good swimmer, so just stumbling back and forth trying to get through the crowd is not interesting to me, and it looks like there are no 50m or even 25m naturist pools here. Which is sad, I'd absolutely love to visit it from time to time (I still prefer to sleep at night haha).

Fishandchips:

--- Quote from: Kuromi on November 09, 2021, 08:46:05 am ---We do have a couple of small ones (<20m), but from the looks of it they're way too crowded and always booked out. I'm also a pretty good swimmer, so just stumbling back and forth trying to get through the crowd is not interesting to me, and it looks like there are no 50m or even 25m naturist pools here. Which is sad, I'd absolutely love to visit it from time to time (I still prefer to sleep at night haha).

--- End quote ---

Oh that is a shame, is the <20m pool too small to divide and give a couple of swimming lanes for swimmers like you to swim the length uninterrupted?

Kuromi:

--- Quote from: Fishandchips on November 09, 2021, 01:16:15 pm ---
--- Quote from: Kuromi on November 09, 2021, 08:46:05 am ---We do have a couple of small ones (<20m), but from the looks of it they're way too crowded and always booked out. I'm also a pretty good swimmer, so just stumbling back and forth trying to get through the crowd is not interesting to me, and it looks like there are no 50m or even 25m naturist pools here. Which is sad, I'd absolutely love to visit it from time to time (I still prefer to sleep at night haha).

--- End quote ---

Oh that is a shame, is the <20m pool too small to divide and give a couple of swimming lanes for swimmers like you to swim the length uninterrupted?

--- End quote ---
It's just people usually don't care much about those lanes lol. The pool I visit has 6 lanes for "amateurs" and the rest are for more professional folks who can swim fast enough to keep the pace with each other, know how to give way to faster swimmers and so on. And every time there's some old lady who for god knows what reason would just swim right across the lanes into the "pro" zone and start splashing there or just moving painfully slow causing traffic jams lol, then she gets yelled at and moves back into her area.

Considering that smaller pools usually have even worse discipline as good swimmers always prefer bigger ones, it just doesn't make sense to go there as it would be a circus of pain lol.

Fishandchips:

--- Quote from: Kuromi on November 09, 2021, 04:17:46 pm ---
--- Quote from: Fishandchips on November 09, 2021, 01:16:15 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
It's just people usually don't care much about those lanes lol. The pool I visit has 6 lanes for "amateurs" and the rest are for more professional folks who can swim fast enough to keep the pace with each other, know how to give way to faster swimmers and so on. And every time there's some old lady who for god knows what reason would just swim right across the lanes into the "pro" zone and start splashing there or just moving painfully slow causing traffic jams lol, then she gets yelled at and moves back into her area.

Considering that smaller pools usually have even worse discipline as good swimmers always prefer bigger ones, it just doesn't make sense to go there as it would be a circus of pain lol.

--- End quote ---

Ah I understand, some lack of consideration on the part of some by the sound of it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version