Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: We need more mainstream nudist media...  (Read 7098 times)

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
  • Art is the most powerful tool to change the world!
  • Referrals: 0
We need more mainstream nudist media...
« on: November 17, 2021, 08:20:52 pm »
That is something I talk about a lot with people...

I think that, one of the things that causes nudity to be seen always as something so negative, or sexual, is because media and society as a whole keeps using the image of the nude body like that! Always as something gross, shamefull, weird or as simply an object of sexual desire... just as well as constantly pushing to us the ideas of "perfect body"... well... y'all know what I am talking about.

Anyway... I think the way to counter that, and to get nudity and the body to be more broadly perceived as something normal is, to put it simple, creating more media content depicting it as such!
More arts!
More videogames!
More animations!
More movies!
More comics!
More vlogs!
ANYTHING!

It doesn't even need to be specifically "nudist/naturist media"... discussing the theme, taking place in nudist resorts or having the characters being nude 100% of the time... all it need is to depict uncensored nudity at any point without making fuss about it.

The point is... there are already naturist content out there... but most of it are something that tagets specifically the naturist audience... and/or simply feels way to preachy about nudism...
What we need is content that would be already interesting regardless of the nudity!
Cool content! Interesting videos! Engaging stories! amazing videogames! ... and the nudity... would just be there...

I trully believe that something like that would be the most efficient way to get more people outside from the naturist community to start getting more used to seeing nudity in non-sexual contexts, and being more open-minded about it, what would really benefit all of the community as a whole, including those who don't even label themselves as "nudists", but simply enjoy spending some time in the nude once in a while...

So yeah...
For all of you with and content creation skills...
I suggest giving it a try! ^^

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
Re: We need more mainstream nudist media...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 09:11:55 pm »

I think that, one of the things that causes nudity to be seen always as something so negative, or sexual, is because media and society as a whole keeps using the image of the nude body like that! Always as something gross, shamefull, weird or as simply an object of sexual desire... just as well as constantly pushing to us the ideas of "perfect body"... well... y'all know what I am talking about.

Anyway... I think the way to counter that, and to get nudity and the body to be more broadly perceived as something normal is, to put it simple, creating more media content depicting it as such!
More arts!
More videogames!
More animations!
More movies!
More comics!
More vlogs!
ANYTHING!

It doesn't even need to be specifically "nudist/naturist media"... discussing the theme, taking place in nudist resorts or having the characters being nude 100% of the time... all it need is to depict uncensored nudity at any point without making fuss about it.

The point is... there are already naturist content out there... but most of it are something that tagets specifically the naturist audience... and/or simply feels way to preachy about nudism...
What we need is content that would be already interesting regardless of the nudity!
Cool content! Interesting videos! Engaging stories! amazing videogames! ... and the nudity... would just be there...

I trully believe that something like that would be the most efficient way to get more people outside from the naturist community to start getting more used to seeing nudity in non-sexual contexts, and being more open-minded about it, what would really benefit all of the community as a whole, including those who don't even label themselves as "nudists", but simply enjoy spending some time in the nude once in a while...

So yeah...

Many of us have been preaching the same message forever, and have made numerous attempts to get something like that launched. If I can get some initial funding, I would like to launch a project like that.

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 09:34:19 pm »

More arts!
More videogames!
More animations!
More movies!
More comics!
More vlogs!
ANYTHING!

So yeah...

Many of us have been preaching the same message forever, and have made numerous attempts to get something like that launched. If I can get some initial funding, I would like to launch a project like that.

Oh, cool! ^^

So you have any ideas on mind? ^^

Also... yeah... some times it can get difficult to get the money to do stuff like that.. but well... some times it isn't necessary that much.
We can start with more simple and accessible things and evolve from there! ^^

Offline Redfrigginriot

• Empress of Bees
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Just a naked nerd. Feel free to DM.
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 07:22:42 pm »
I completely agree. All the nudist media that exists is super outdated like boomer comics or extremely perverse. Ive thrown around the idea of doing a nude dnd campaign online but I just don't know how well that would work.
I cast destroy pants at third level.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2021, 08:48:39 pm »

More arts!
More videogames!
More animations!
More movies!
More comics!
More vlogs!
ANYTHING!

So yeah...

Oh, cool! ^^

Also... yeah... some times it can get difficult to get the money to do stuff like that.. but well... some times it isn't necessary that much.

I am tossing around the idea of trying to launch a kickstarter to get a JRPG launched. Though, I am not sure if that is the best route.

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2021, 11:06:35 pm »
I completely agree. All the nudist media that exists is super outdated like boomer comics or extremely perverse. Ive thrown around the idea of doing a nude dnd campaign online but I just don't know how well that would work.

Don't worry about "how well it would work". As far as you are doing something you find interesting, I am sure something cool would come from it! ^^

More arts!
More videogames!
More animations!
More movies!
More comics!
More vlogs!
ANYTHING!

So yeah...

Oh, cool! ^^

I am tossing around the idea of trying to launch a kickstarter to get a JRPG launched. Though, I am not sure if that is the best route.

Why not?
Anything counts, as far as it is within your reach! ^^
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 07:23:33 am by DrgHybrid »

Offline Redfrigginriot

• Empress of Bees
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Just a naked nerd. Feel free to DM.
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2021, 08:27:47 pm »

Don't worry about "how well it would work". As far as you are doing something you find interesting, I am sure something cool would come from it! ^^
It may not work well because it's basically just the same as a regular dnd campaign. You only know your character is naked if someone brings it up.
I cast destroy pants at third level.

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2021, 01:47:42 am »

It may not work well because it's basically just the same as a regular dnd campaign. You only know your character is naked if someone brings it up.

Ha! XD
Got it! ^^;

Offline rockasocka1992

• Shouting it out loud
  • love being in nature outfit :)
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2021, 05:44:06 pm »
Agreed ;).
hello , im a 27 year old guy from belgium , i enjoy nature and i love being naked because it lets me feel free :).

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2021, 09:20:45 pm »

I think a nudist DnD campaign would actually just be one in which the table is clothing-optional. That is how I interpret it.

Offline Kuromi

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2021, 08:12:18 am »
I don't think making games or films on it is gonna change anything. As long as the majority of people see nudism as a quirk rather than something normal these games or films will never make it to become popular enough, and people who would actually watch your film would just treat it as a yet another erotic movie.

Not to mention you need budgets and tons of professionals to make it appealing to the public and not yet another B movie no one ever heard or cares about as first and foremost it should be a good film.

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2021, 01:43:35 pm »
I don't think making games or films on it is gonna change anything. As long as the majority of people see nudism as a quirk rather than something normal these games or films will never make it to become popular enough, and people who would actually watch your film would just treat it as a yet another erotic movie.

Not to mention you need budgets and tons of professionals to make it appealing to the public and not yet another B movie no one ever heard or cares about as first and foremost it should be a good film.

Naaah.... it doesn't need to be something that big... and it won't be necessarily be treated as something erotic.

Again... any kind of content would do, as far as it contains nudity being depicted as something normal at any point.

To give bigger examples, even games as Rust, or Conan Exhiles, wich are survival games, but where the character can be nude, as far as they don't ave any equiped item, and it fits perfectly with the environment of the game, without it feeling forced, or even games as Red Dead Redemption 2 or GTA V, where the animals have visible genitalia (it may sound ridiculous, but in a world where even animals are usually censored in games, drawings and animations, ven this is something) can make a huge difference for slowly getting people more used to nudity as something normal.

Now, going away from the big budget setting, we could for example see a huge amount of indie games developed by independent creators, cool webcomics or even short animations around the internet.
A lot of kinds of content can be produced by one person, or small groups, and a lot of it can be interesting enough to get the attention from a lot of people.
All that would be necessary is for someone to sneak a bit of casual nudity in this kind of content! ^^

Yes... it is true... there would be people that could be attracted to it perceiving it as "erotic", but these ideas would slowly fade as they notice.. that there is nothing there for them. So they would either start getting used to perceiving that nudity as "nothing special", or they would just get bored and go see something else.
And yeah... It is true that smaller projects wouldn't call that much of attention, nor get huge publics. But it doesn't need to... everything starts small... baby steps... all we need is just more content in general.
Also, big budget is not necessary to be mainstream appealing. The "mainstream appeal" is just something that is interesting. Something that people can like and identify with. Something that is charismatic and interesting. Something that a lot of differente people could like, even if it doesn't actually get to reach the "mainstream".

In other words, we need to create content that is actually interesting by itself. Content that we would want to consume, regardless of the nudity...
The nudity must be just something that is there... just there... and not the main reason why we are going for the content in the first place.
And that is how this more casual view on the nudity would start getting more space on the society as a whole.

Offline Kuromi

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2021, 02:35:48 pm »

Naaah.... it doesn't need to be something that big... and it won't be necessarily be treated as something erotic.

Again... any kind of content would do, as far as it contains nudity being depicted as something normal at any point.

To give bigger examples, even games as Rust, or Conan Exhiles, wich are survival games, but where the character can be nude, as far as they don't ave any equiped item, and it fits perfectly with the environment of the game, without it feeling forced, or even games as Red Dead Redemption 2 or GTA V, where the animals have visible genitalia (it may sound ridiculous, but in a world where even animals are usually censored in games, drawings and animations, ven this is something) can make a huge difference for slowly getting people more used to nudity as something normal.

Now, going away from the big budget setting, we could for example see a huge amount of indie games developed by independent creators, cool webcomics or even short animations around the internet.
A lot of kinds of content can be produced by one person, or small groups, and a lot of it can be interesting enough to get the attention from a lot of people.
All that would be necessary is for someone to sneak a bit of casual nudity in this kind of content! ^^

Yes... it is true... there would be people that could be attracted to it perceiving it as "erotic", but these ideas would slowly fade as they notice.. that there is nothing there for them. So they would either start getting used to perceiving that nudity as "nothing special", or they would just get bored and go see something else.
And yeah... It is true that smaller projects wouldn't call that much of attention, nor get huge publics. But it doesn't need to... everything starts small... baby steps... all we need is just more content in general.
Also, big budget is not necessary to be mainstream appealing. The "mainstream appeal" is just something that is interesting. Something that people can like and identify with. Something that is charismatic and interesting. Something that a lot of differente people could like, even if it doesn't actually get to reach the "mainstream".

In other words, we need to create content that is actually interesting by itself. Content that we would want to consume, regardless of the nudity...
The nudity must be just something that is there... just there... and not the main reason why we are going for the content in the first place.
And that is how this more casual view on the nudity would start getting more space on the society as a whole.

It's just I think it would be a small niche indie film/game no one ever head of at best, as big studios would never risk money on on something controversial. The problem is, there's a lot of films that feature nudity as something casual, but it doesn't seem to shift the public opinion on it in the slightest.

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2021, 04:59:59 pm »

It's just I think it would be a small niche indie film/game no one ever head of at best, as big studios would never risk money on on something controversial. The problem is, there's a lot of films that feature nudity as something casual, but it doesn't seem to shift the public opinion on it in the slightest.

Well... yeah... most of the things would indeed go unnoticed... ^^;

But that is one of the reasons why I say "more"...
The idea is just to start creating these kind of contents... the more the better! ^^

Of course it would take a long time until one of these start getting some notoriety, but my idea would be to try to gain some space through numbers... ^^

Offline Kyle

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2021, 09:04:42 pm »
I don't think nudism needs more mainstream acceptance. I'm totally fine with it being a subculture, or a niche, or whatever. Maybe it's my age, or maybe it's being gay. I just don't feel the need to be widely accepted. At least in my area of the US it's either seen as a weird hippie thing, or a sex thing, but generally it's viewed as benign. I'm fine with that because other people being into it is not going to impede my enjoyment.