Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: We need more mainstream nudist media...  (Read 7097 times)

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
  • Art is the most powerful tool to change the world!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: We need more mainstream nudist media...
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2021, 09:28:25 pm »
I don't think nudism needs more mainstream acceptance. I'm totally fine with it being a subculture, or a niche, or whatever. Maybe it's my age, or maybe it's being gay. I just don't feel the need to be widely accepted. At least in my area of the US it's either seen as a weird hippie thing, or a sex thing, but generally it's viewed as benign. I'm fine with that because other people being into it is not going to impede my enjoyment.

Wish I could say the same... :/

Around here, people seem to perceive nudity as worse than murder or something...
And there aren't many options for being nude either...
So to enjoy some nude time, you either have to spend a lot of money traveling thousands of miles to go to a place or event, when available, and probably dealing with a lot of bureaucracy... or you gotta find a way to isolate yourself from pretty much the entire society... :/

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2021, 09:52:42 pm »
I don't think making games or films on it is gonna change anything. As long as the majority of people see nudism as a quirk rather than something normal these games or films will never make it to become popular enough, and people who would actually watch your film would just treat it as a yet another erotic movie.

Not to mention you need budgets and tons of professionals to make it appealing to the public and not yet another B movie no one ever heard or cares about as first and foremost it should be a good film.

Sorry, don't know where the response went.

I think there is a big difference between content with nudity, and content with normalized nudity.

Somewhat. I don't think public nudity is being mainstreamed, just the nudity itself (kind of) [and only in specific contexts].
Naaah.... it doesn't need to be something that big... and it won't be necessarily be treated as something erotic.

Again... any kind of content would do, as far as it contains nudity being depicted as something normal at any point.

To give bigger examples, even games as Rust, or Conan Exhiles, wich are survival games, but where the character can be nude, as far as they don't ave any equiped item, and it fits perfectly with the environment of the game, without it feeling forced, or even games as Red Dead Redemption 2 or GTA V, where the animals have visible genitalia (it may sound ridiculous, but in a world where even animals are usually censored in games, drawings and animations, ven this is something) can make a huge difference for slowly getting people more used to nudity as something normal.

Now, going away from the big budget setting, we could for example see a huge amount of indie games developed by independent creators, cool webcomics or even short animations around the internet.
A lot of kinds of content can be produced by one person, or small groups, and a lot of it can be interesting enough to get the attention from a lot of people.
All that would be necessary is for someone to sneak a bit of casual nudity in this kind of content! ^^

Yes... it is true... there would be people that could be attracted to it perceiving it as "erotic", but these ideas would slowly fade as they notice.. that there is nothing there for them. So they would either start getting used to perceiving that nudity as "nothing special", or they would just get bored and go see something else.
And yeah... It is true that smaller projects wouldn't call that much of attention, nor get huge publics. But it doesn't need to... everything starts small... baby steps... all we need is just more content in general.
Also, big budget is not necessary to be mainstream appealing. The "mainstream appeal" is just something that is interesting. Something that people can like and identify with. Something that is charismatic and interesting. Something that a lot of differente people could like, even if it doesn't actually get to reach the "mainstream".

In other words, we need to create content that is actually interesting by itself. Content that we would want to consume, regardless of the nudity...
The nudity must be just something that is there... just there... and not the main reason why we are going for the content in the first place.
And that is how this more casual view on the nudity would start getting more space on the society as a whole.

It's just I think it would be a small niche indie film/game no one ever head of at best, as big studios would never risk money on on something controversial. The problem is, there's a lot of films that feature nudity as something casual, but it doesn't seem to shift the public opinion on it in the slightest.

Sorry, don't know where the response went.

I think there is a difference between content with nudity and content with normalized nudity.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 05:12:34 am by Dogoegma »

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2021, 07:22:47 am »
I wish I could say we needed more mainstream nudist media like this bull shit. As funny as it may be the idea that dad gets his clothes off gets a boner, knocks stuff over and destroys his sons relationship with his girlfriend is exactly not what we want to be portrayed in the media. Fuck Doritos!

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2021, 04:34:49 pm »
I wish I could say we needed more mainstream nudist media like this bull shit. As funny as it may be the idea that dad gets his clothes off gets a boner, knocks stuff over and destroys his sons relationship with his girlfriend is exactly not what we want to be portrayed in the media. Fuck Doritos!

Yeah... that....
that is a no... -_-;

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2021, 03:41:27 am »

Yeah... that....
that is a no... -_-;

I don’t know why I expected it to be something interesting and positive when I first saw the link.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2021, 05:08:50 am »

I would argue that that implies the need for more actual nudist content, to drown out the nonsense.

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2021, 09:19:16 am »

I would argue that that implies the need for more actual nudist content, to drown out the nonsense.

You’re right unfortunately nonsense is all that is produced

Offline Blake Skies

• Writer of All Things, Even Nudist Stories
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Okay I'm writing again...
    • My Deviant Art Page
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2021, 10:46:40 pm »
That is something I talk about a lot with people...

I think that, one of the things that causes nudity to be seen always as something so negative, or sexual, is because media and society as a whole keeps using the image of the nude body like that! Always as something gross, shamefull, weird or as simply an object of sexual desire... just as well as constantly pushing to us the ideas of "perfect body"... well... y'all know what I am talking about.

Anyway... I think the way to counter that, and to get nudity and the body to be more broadly perceived as something normal is, to put it simple, creating more media content depicting it as such!
More arts!
More videogames!
More animations!
More movies!
More comics!
More vlogs!
ANYTHING!

It doesn't even need to be specifically "nudist/naturist media"... discussing the theme, taking place in nudist resorts or having the characters being nude 100% of the time... all it need is to depict uncensored nudity at any point without making fuss about it.

The point is... there are already naturist content out there... but most of it are something that tagets specifically the naturist audience... and/or simply feels way to preachy about nudism...
What we need is content that would be already interesting regardless of the nudity!
Cool content! Interesting videos! Engaging stories! amazing videogames! ... and the nudity... would just be there...

I trully believe that something like that would be the most efficient way to get more people outside from the naturist community to start getting more used to seeing nudity in non-sexual contexts, and being more open-minded about it, what would really benefit all of the community as a whole, including those who don't even label themselves as "nudists", but simply enjoy spending some time in the nude once in a while...

So yeah...
For all of you with and content creation skills...
I suggest giving it a try! ^^

Well I run a nudist writers workshop to help create nudist literary content and help nudist writers
DM if you wanna talk, have questions about nudism, or are an aspiring writer wanting to join a workshop

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2021, 02:54:26 pm »
That is something I talk about a lot with people...

I think that, one of the things that causes nudity to be seen always as something so negative, or sexual, is because media and society as a whole keeps using the image of the nude body like that! Always as something gross, shamefull, weird or as simply an object of sexual desire... just as well as constantly pushing to us the ideas of "perfect body"... well... y'all know what I am talking about.

Anyway... I think the way to counter that, and to get nudity and the body to be more broadly perceived as something normal is, to put it simple, creating more media content depicting it as such!
More arts!
More videogames!
More animations!
More movies!
More comics!
More vlogs!
ANYTHING!

It doesn't even need to be specifically "nudist/naturist media"... discussing the theme, taking place in nudist resorts or having the characters being nude 100% of the time... all it need is to depict uncensored nudity at any point without making fuss about it.

The point is... there are already naturist content out there... but most of it are something that tagets specifically the naturist audience... and/or simply feels way to preachy about nudism...
What we need is content that would be already interesting regardless of the nudity!
Cool content! Interesting videos! Engaging stories! amazing videogames! ... and the nudity... would just be there...

I trully believe that something like that would be the most efficient way to get more people outside from the naturist community to start getting more used to seeing nudity in non-sexual contexts, and being more open-minded about it, what would really benefit all of the community as a whole, including those who don't even label themselves as "nudists", but simply enjoy spending some time in the nude once in a while...

So yeah...
For all of you with and content creation skills...
I suggest giving it a try! ^^

Well I run a nudist writers workshop to help create nudist literary content and help nudist writers

That is really great!

This certainly helps! ^^

Agree...
When I say that we need naturist content, I am talking about content that actually represents our perspective and world view, because there is actually quite a bunch of depictions of nudists and naturists in medias... but almost all of it are negative depictions, with derogatory stereotypes or dumb jokes... what only reinforces the already existing negative view on nudity.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 07:22:56 am by DrgHybrid »

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2021, 09:01:39 am »

Agree...
When I say that we need naturist content, I am talking about content that actually represents our perspective and world view, because there is actually quite a bunch of depictions of nudists and naturists in medias... but almost all of it are negative depictions, with derogatory stereotypes or dumb jokes... what only reinforces the already existing negative view on nudity.

Absolutely right and that video is exactly the kind of negative derogatory dumb joke that goes around

Offline Blake Skies

• Writer of All Things, Even Nudist Stories
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Okay I'm writing again...
    • My Deviant Art Page
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2023, 09:22:33 pm »
I will say that the workshop I run, the nudist writers workshop on Discord, has gotten some pretty good ideas going for nudist related works.
DM if you wanna talk, have questions about nudism, or are an aspiring writer wanting to join a workshop

Offline jamesnotcompletely

• amateur naked guy
  • Teens Only Member
  • Topless with bottoms
  • playin zelda and drawin butts
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2023, 04:39:05 am »
absolutely! i try so hard to find cool nudist content and media, but unfortunately 9 times out of 10 its just some sexual stuff i dont wanna see. im not asking for a lot, just more media where nudity isn't avoided like the plague!!!!!
legends say he still cant think of something to draw...

Offline Bobbine

• Topless with bottoms
  • Hi I'm Bobbine, 17f. You can ask me anything!
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2023, 08:00:56 am »
absolutely! i try so hard to find cool nudist content and media, but unfortunately 9 times out of 10 its just some sexual stuff i dont wanna see. im not asking for a lot, just more media where nudity isn't avoided like the plague!!!!!

This is the most relatable thing for me, the media always makes it sexual. And it's like this always, you get your hopes up and then it turns out to be the most sexualised thing ever. But they probably only make money due to the sexualisation

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 14
    • My website
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2023, 12:03:28 pm »

This is the most relatable thing for me, the media always makes it sexual. And it's like this always, you get your hopes up and then it turns out to be the most sexualised thing ever. But they probably only make money due to the sexualisation

Yeah, the same reason I think naked wanderings mentioned on the naturist living show about cap d'agde, that it has become a swinger's resort because it's easier to make money that way

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2023, 10:34:54 pm »

That part is so frustrating...
People complain so much about nudity, and always try to avoid it at any cost with the argument that "it is something sexual"... but then when they ACTUALLY make it sexual, then suddenly everyone is not only okay with it, but actively interested... -_-