General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > The Hobby Hut

Conlang

(1/2) > >>

Hrafn:
Anyone else here into conlangs? I'm working on some with my gf for her writing, and have attempted a few of my own but they usually get forgotten about and deleted. I sometimes look at old projects and realise things I could have done better and can never be bothered reworking them to be more naturalistic and generally better, so I just start another and the cycle repeats

JohnNotJack:
I'll be honest, had to google what a Conlang is, but damn that looks interesting. It's a concept I've been interested in as a result of the Klingon language from Star Trek but I didn't know there's a term for it. If I actually had some time, and a bit of motivation, I'd definitely be encouraged to at least try to develop a conlang.

Developed any decent names for your Conlangs?

Dogoegma:

--- Quote from: Hrafn on November 27, 2021, 05:27:35 am ---Anyone else here into conlangs? I'm working on some with my gf for her writing, and have attempted a few of my own but they usually get forgotten about and deleted. I sometimes look at old projects and realise things I could have done better and can never be bothered reworking them to be more naturalistic and generally better, so I just start another and the cycle repeats

--- End quote ---

When I was in primary and secondary school I would do things like that. Though, I would more classify that as cyphers with special pronounciation.

Hrafn:

--- Quote from: JohnNotJack on November 27, 2021, 03:49:49 pm ---Developed any decent names for your Conlangs?

--- End quote ---

When I was about 12 I remember I tried to learn all of the invented words and phrases in the Eragon books.
The ones I'm working on with my partner had names before I started re-writing them from the ground up, but no actual names for mine yet. I called one of mine 'ugly conlang' as the document title c:

--- Quote from: Dogoegma on November 27, 2021, 08:57:52 pm ---
--- Quote from: Hrafn on November 27, 2021, 05:27:35 am ---
When I was in primary and secondary school I would do things like that. Though, I would more classify that as cyphers with special pronounciation.

--- End quote ---

I remember doing one of those in high school. Didn't take it very far though lol
--- End quote ---

Octavia:
Conlangs are super interesting but seem like a massive pain to do especially alone. I have a friend who's occasionally tried to make one but it doesn't seem to get very far. I wouldn't even know where to start

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version