Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: SciFi show poll  (Read 3801 times)

Offline Infinity Biscuit

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • she/her
  • Referrals: 0
Re: SciFi show poll
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2021, 07:54:15 pm »
personally to me, star trek feels different since the jj reboot movies. honestly I'm kind of surprised star wars didn't get split up since that absolutely has felt very different in like classic vs prequel era vs disney era

I'm the kind of person who likes to find ways to split data tho

Offline Octavia

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • She/Her
  • Referrals: 3
    • Revolutionary Nudism
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2021, 11:09:38 pm »
personally to me, star trek feels different since the jj reboot movies. honestly I'm kind of surprised star wars didn't get split up since that absolutely has felt very different in like classic vs prequel era vs disney era

I'm the kind of person who likes to find ways to split data tho

Things evolve over time. The original Star Trek from the 60s feels very different from season 3 of TNG, which feels very different from season 6 of Deep Space Nine, which feels very different from Enterprise, which feels different from discovery, etc, but they're all still the same franchise with the same themes at heart. If you want to split them the only fair way is to split every show into its own category, and even then shows like TNG, Enterprise, and Discovery evolve quite a bit over the seasons.

Star Wars though I'll grant you, the post-disney stuff is a mess (I maintain that the Last Jedi was a good movie and shouldn't have been ignored when they were making Rise of Skywalker though).

Offline iHateClothes

• BANNED
  • Nude without Towel
  • Banned for being a jerk to others
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2021, 02:39:50 pm »
Not on the list but "STRANGER THINGS"

I love Stranger Things as well, but it doesn't quite fit the category.
Nudity is a human right.

Offline iHateClothes

• BANNED
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2021, 02:43:29 pm »
I don't think it's fair to separate some franchises into multiple eras, and I definitely don't think it's fair to put your personal opinions of some of them in the poll itself (I say this as someone who's seen exactly one episode of Doctor Who in my life). I am a star trek person myself and I would have voted for it if it was one option but separating it like this bothers me. It's not like Star Trek became a different franchise after the Abrams movies. The new shows don't even have anything to do with Abrams' films, so using him as a dividing line makes no sense to me. Deep Space 9 will probably always be my favorite version of trek but there's a lot to like with new Trek too and I object to them being treated as separate entities.

The reason they are separated is because the different eras are so far off from the originals that they don't deserve to be in the same entry. I used the JJ Abrams name to separate everything before his movies came out. They aren't anything like the original few, and they are practically an insult to the fan base. Same with doctor who. Chris chiral is a moron and he has pretty much ruined doctor who forever. Now if someone happens to like his Era of the show, they can still vote for it. The two (three) versions of the show are different and have their own style, and appeal to different audiences. That's why they are broken up.
Nudity is a human right.

Online Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2021, 02:52:50 pm »
I don't think it's fair to separate some franchises into multiple eras, and I definitely don't think it's fair to put your personal opinions of some of them in the poll itself (I say this as someone who's seen exactly one episode of Doctor Who in my life). I am a star trek person myself and I would have voted for it if it was one option but separating it like this bothers me. It's not like Star Trek became a different franchise after the Abrams movies. The new shows don't even have anything to do with Abrams' films, so using him as a dividing line makes no sense to me. Deep Space 9 will probably always be my favorite version of trek but there's a lot to like with new Trek too and I object to them being treated as separate entities.

The reason they are separated is because the different eras are so far off from the originals that they don't deserve to be in the same entry. I used the JJ Abrams name to separate everything before his movies came out. They aren't anything like the original few, and they are practically an insult to the fan base. Same with doctor who. Chris chiral is a moron and he has pretty much ruined doctor who forever. Now if someone happens to like his Era of the show, they can still vote for it. The two (three) versions of the show are different and have their own style, and appeal to different audiences. That's why they are broken up.

Russel T Davis is coming back to Doctor Who soon

Offline iHateClothes

• BANNED
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2021, 03:08:35 pm »
Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing if he can improve it.
Nudity is a human right.

Offline D289

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2021, 03:20:14 pm »
You guys missed Babylon 5 out of the list.

Offline blank radar

• Teens Only Member
  • Naturist Superhero
  • he/him
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2021, 04:09:22 am »
haven't seen it, but how's Foundation going? the books have been lying on my shelf forever and i need to get around to reading them sometime

Offline Kuromi

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2021, 08:18:29 am »
Not on the list but "STRANGER THINGS"

I love Stranger Things as well, but it doesn't quite fit the category.
How does it not? It's definitely a sci-fi show.

Offline mucboy84

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2021, 08:24:48 am »
I like the Star Trek Series from the 90s, TNG, DS9 and Voyager. The newer series were not that good any more. But I watched the new Picard series, too. Still unsure about it.

Online Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2021, 10:45:01 am »
I like the Star Trek Series from the 90s, TNG, DS9 and Voyager. The newer series were not that good any more. But I watched the new Picard series, too. Still unsure about it.

I doubt it will get better than that tbh, there seems to be an audience for shows that are darker and gritty now over the bright cheerful look on TNG

pat9916

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2021, 05:21:00 am »

Try The Orville on Hulu. It stays truer to Star Trek than current Trek does. With a little humor thrown in.

Offline JohnNotJack

• Topless with bottoms
  • Not to be confused with Jack Daniel's
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2021, 07:30:47 am »

Try The Orville on Hulu. It stays truer to Star Trek than current Trek does. With a little humor thrown in.

I tried The Orville myself, it was... Uncanny how similar it was to Star Trek. Not my cup of tea but it's most definitely something that comes across as a parody at first but then develops into something that could be really quite good on it's own, it surprised me to say the least haha
:)

Offline mucboy84

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2021, 07:47:59 am »

I doubt it will get better than that tbh, there seems to be an audience for shows that are darker and gritty now over the bright cheerful look on TNG

I agree. I hope they don't drive it to the extreme. The only thing they could change is the too closed approach to nudity in the 90s series.

Online Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2021, 09:24:00 am »

I tried The Orville myself, it was... Uncanny how similar it was to Star Trek. Not my cup of tea but it's most definitely something that comes across as a parody at first but then develops into something that could be really quite good on it's own, it surprised me to say the least haha

I did enjoy the orville and noticed that they did get more serious at times in season 2 yet still managed to keep the humour. I hope to be able to see season 3.