Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: picked up the electric guitar  (Read 2883 times)

Offline NudisRoo

Re: picked up the electric guitar
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2023, 08:17:58 pm »
Omg niceee! I'm sure you will love it!

I'm rly into classical guitar been playing it for abouy 5 years now and I'm in a music school majoring classical guitar, if you need any help IG you can ask here I'm sure many of us can help.

Electric is rly cool I've tried a few times, but since I'm more i to jazz classical, and that doesn't rly sound good on electrical I don't think I'll get one... Perhaps I'll try bass sometime!

I sign this as; nudist approved!

Offline Hrafn

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2023, 06:43:19 am »

ah a fellow metalhead, i play a lot of metallica type stuff, so my downpicking is pretty fast.

Make sure to work on alternate picking as well ;)

dw im practicing that too, at first i tried downpicking solos, doesnt sound too good lol

Back when I first started playing metal I didn't use a pick and should have known better. It took me way too long to get comfortable with a pick after that

Offline Esh

• Topless with bottoms
  • if you conquer your mind, you conquer the world
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2023, 10:55:12 pm »

ah a fellow metalhead, i play a lot of metallica type stuff, so my downpicking is pretty fast.

Make sure to work on alternate picking as well ;)

dw im practicing that too, at first i tried downpicking solos, doesnt sound too good lol

Back when I first started playing metal I didn't use a pick and should have known better. It took me way too long to get comfortable with a pick after that

lol. my favourite thing to do is just chug sometimes. i just turn my amp on and chug away. one of my favourite riffs is the bit just before the solo in master of puppets, very chuggy

Offline Esh

• Topless with bottoms
  • if you conquer your mind, you conquer the world
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2023, 11:01:34 pm »

I'm rly into classical guitar been playing it for abouy 5 years now and I'm in a music school majoring classical guitar, if you need any help IG you can ask here I'm sure many of us can help.

Electric is rly cool I've tried a few times, but since I'm more i to jazz classical, and that doesn't rly sound good on electrical I don't think I'll get one... Perhaps I'll try bass sometime!

would you say learning songs and playing them near perfectly takes a while? i can play a lot of songs but i can be a bit inconsistent sometimes with how i play some riffs/ bits that are played more than once. i have to really really focus to play a song in full, while being consistent and in time. obviously some songs are easier than others. i can play some perfectly in time no problem for the entire duration, whearas some i can play mostly fine but later on i might accidentally hit an extra string or miss a note etc. ive been practicing a lot but it seems to be taking ages. ideally id like to be able to play to a level where i can just play near perfectly

Offline Jakee22

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2023, 12:36:51 am »
I used to take guitar lessons but I never really play now so I am not very good. I couldn't read music so I used to use tab on an app. I can play basic chords but not finger chords.

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 14
    • My website
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2023, 07:15:07 am »
I used to take guitar lessons but I never really play now so I am not very good. I couldn't read music so I used to use tab on an app. I can play basic chords but not finger chords.

Was exactly the same for me, then I gave up after years of lessons.

Offline NudisRoo

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2023, 09:19:13 pm »

would you say learning songs and playing them near perfectly takes a while? i can play a lot of songs but i can be a bit inconsistent sometimes with how i play some riffs/ bits that are played more than once. i have to really really focus to play a song in full, while being consistent and in time. obviously some songs are easier than others. i can play some perfectly in time no problem for the entire duration, whearas some i can play mostly fine but later on i might accidentally hit an extra string or miss a note etc. ive been practicing a lot but it seems to be taking ages. ideally id like to be able to play to a level where i can just play near perfectly

Oo yes definitely takes a while to master a song. I say that a song is mastered when I can play it with my eyes closed. Also based on my experience the most efficient way to learn something is by playing it slowly and really concentrating for it to be correct. And for example when there are some cord changes that are more difficult, practice just that line with the difficult part very slowly and using a metronome speed up just a bit every time untill up to original speed.

If you really concentrate you can master a song in like a week and get good at it in like 3-4 days or like 5 hours of practice!!
I sign this as; nudist approved!