Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: A Visit to Sandy Bay near Cape Town, South Africa  (Read 14452 times)

jan26

A Visit to Sandy Bay near Cape Town, South Africa
« on: March 10, 2010, 07:31:42 am »
Hello,

I have not written in quite some time as there have been other interests in life that have kept me busy. But as I have just had a great summer day in the nude, I wanted to write up a short report. I am currently spending time in South Africa, and have visited the semi-official nude beach of Sandy Bay near Llandudno. It is just a few minutes' drive from the City of Cape Town, and fairly easy to reach. You get onto the M6 leading from Cape Town through Camps Bay to Hout Bay, and turn right into the village of Llandudno just before you reach Hout Bay. In Llandudno, you follow some rather steep slopes down to the sea. The beach is well signposted, and there is a small car park at the end of Sunset Avenue. That place can be somewhat crowded on a busy day, so you might also want to look for a place to park along the road on your way down. From the parking area, there is a narrow foot path that leads towards Sandy Bay. You will notice a signpost saying "no nudity along the path" right at its start. It is the only indication that clothing might be optional at the beach this trail leads to, and I suppose it means exactly that. The walk takes about ten to fifteen minutes, and you cannot get lost on the way. You should bring everything you need for the day, as apart from the tiny and somewhat overpriced mobile kiosk at the car park, there is no chance to buy anything once you have reached Sandy Bay.

The beach itself carries its name rightfully. The sand is very fine grained and almost white. The area is surrounded by big rocks and boulders that also create a few rather secluded areas. Even on a hot summer day, I have not seen this place overcrowded, as there is plenty of space, and the fact you have to walk a bit to access it seems to put off quite a few people. The visitors are mainly couples and single men, including a few gays. Unfortunately, I have not seen families with children. People seem to come from all walks of life, whites are represented as well as blacks and coloureds. Almost everyone is nude, except for a few hikers who are just walking past. The ocean is not very suitable for swimming, but most of the time there are fantastic waves that are fun to run into. You can walk quite a stretch up and down the beach or climb onto the rocks without getting dressed, if you like. Shade is something that is very difficult, if not impossible, to find, so bringing an umbrella of your own is advisable.

This was not my first visit to Sandy Bay, and I have always enjoyed it. It is not too difficult to mingle with people, but you can also have your privacy, if you wish. Of course, it is great to enjoy the sun in the nude while almost everyone else in Europe and North America is freezing!

Greetings from sunny South Africa! Tot siens!

Jan.

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Re: A Visit to Sandy Bay near Cape Town, South Africa
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 12:41:32 pm »
Jan! Thank-you very much for this super cool report!  We need more of this type on here!  Stay safe down there and we appreciate the time you took to give us all a good report!  Sounds wonderful!

-Danee

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline uberreicher

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 12:51:06 am »
I know this hasn't been posted on for a long time, but I still felt like writing something. I am pleasantly surprised that it is such a mixed group at the beach in Cape Town. I really don't know much about South Africa, but I assumed it would be mostly whites at the beach and that blacks and "coloureds", if that is the correct term, would be more socially conservative. At least, that is the way things are in the United States. Most african cultures I hear of are conservative where nudity is concerned (whether or not that was a product of imperialism and/or missionaries is another matter) and frown on it. I doubt Sandy Bay will ever be made official.

Offline Nick_SA

• Nick
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Great to be here.
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 08:09:38 pm »
Good evening all, regarding Sandy Bay, I'm a South African and me and my fiancé visit Sandy Bay on a regular basis and there are many people of colour who attend. Whites, blacks and colourdes, it is an fantastic beach. Just stay away from the far side as the gay folk use it as a gay cruising location, but if that is your thing by all means, enjoy.
Great to be here.

ziggie1974

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 05:52:31 am »

beachpuppy

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 05:57:40 am »
Anyone around in Cape Town to go visit Sandy Bay this weekend or next? I'll be heading there and happy to link up with any other locals going!