General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > The Hobby Hut

Do you have many productive hobbies?

<< < (6/8) > >>

qajaw:

--- Quote from: Esh on July 02, 2022, 10:42:37 pm ---i do have a couple. I've been learning the guitar recently which is a lot of fun, especially when you get down a tone, its so cool.

i also do a lot of weightlifting. I have a good setup at home with some decent weight so i can do a lot of exercises, but cant do deadlifts. mainly because i dont want to damage my floor and dont want to fork out a lot of money for a deadlift platform and also because i dont have enough weight to do it.

i suppose this is a bit of a "consumption habit" but i like learning things, im doing a mathematics degree currently and quite enjoy learning about complex things. and some of the things i learn are applied but some remain just a cool thing you can tell someone about at a party when the small talk ends.

i actually do some woodwork. i dont do it often but quite a few times ive had to DIY something so i can do a new kind of exercise. for example i recently created a little L shape wooden panel (just a small one) to fit in a corner of a room so i shove one end of a barbell against it and attach weights on the other end. then lift up the bar on the end with the weights and do T bar rows. The L panel helps protect the skirting from damage as the end of the bar would continuously scrape against it. the floor is carpet so it doesnt scrape it anyway

--- End quote ---

Ohh related to your woodwork and interest in fitness, may I suggest making some stuff that could be used in calisthenics to help definition and strength as a side to your weightlifting to compliment it?

Esh:

--- Quote from: qajaw on July 03, 2022, 02:04:21 pm ---
--- Quote from: Esh on July 02, 2022, 10:42:37 pm ---i do have a couple. I've been learning the guitar recently which is a lot of fun, especially when you get down a tone, its so cool.

i also do a lot of weightlifting. I have a good setup at home with some decent weight so i can do a lot of exercises, but cant do deadlifts. mainly because i dont want to damage my floor and dont want to fork out a lot of money for a deadlift platform and also because i dont have enough weight to do it.

i suppose this is a bit of a "consumption habit" but i like learning things, im doing a mathematics degree currently and quite enjoy learning about complex things. and some of the things i learn are applied but some remain just a cool thing you can tell someone about at a party when the small talk ends.

i actually do some woodwork. i dont do it often but quite a few times ive had to DIY something so i can do a new kind of exercise. for example i recently created a little L shape wooden panel (just a small one) to fit in a corner of a room so i shove one end of a barbell against it and attach weights on the other end. then lift up the bar on the end with the weights and do T bar rows. The L panel helps protect the skirting from damage as the end of the bar would continuously scrape against it. the floor is carpet so it doesnt scrape it anyway

--- End quote ---

Ohh related to your woodwork and interest in fitness, may I suggest making some stuff that could be used in calisthenics to help definition and strength as a side to your weightlifting to compliment it?

--- End quote ---

sure, what do you have in mind? i am going to make prediction and say youre thinking of a set of wooden rings. (to do pullups with and stuff)

steffy21:
I've been re building a old boat motor lately. 

swede:

--- Quote from: steffy21 on July 22, 2023, 05:47:05 am ---I've been re building a old boat motor lately.

--- End quote ---

thats really cool, i did that before, what motor is is and whats wrong?

swede:
I, ironically, am trying to start a hobby lever outdoor apparel brand/business. Im moslty aiming ad accessories so naturists don't get freaked out.

Im actually gonna try to implement a type of garment that would work well as a nude hike cover up

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version