Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: First Concert?  (Read 5964 times)

Misha

First Concert?
« on: March 14, 2010, 09:50:07 pm »
Who did you go see for you first concert?????

Stuart

Re: First Concert?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 10:05:06 pm »
T'Pau  :45

genxnaturist

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 01:54:39 am »
Lets see, my first concert.
I was six years old, going around western USA with my hippy sister. We went to rainbow gathering, then went to see GreatFull Dead.  We stayed at hippy camp near concert site.  It was kick ass cool.  My sister made me shirt with greatfulldead skull and it transfered to my chest and stayed there for 4 weeks.

Anycase concert was great i was about 5 rows from stage.  Anycase this was also in 1996 when Jerry Garsia was still alive.

Michael

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 01:16:23 pm »
Does Disney on Ice count? ;)

Otherwise, I"m not too sure.

Joey
:)

genxnaturist

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 02:53:40 pm »
Nope it doesnt.  Anyway its more like musical

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 07:07:52 pm »
Nope it doesnt.  Anyway its more like musical
Misha?
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Sik

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 09:54:56 pm »
Counting out Henri Dès when I was a clueless kid...
Henri Dès chante Les bêtises à l'école
 :45

My first big "real" concert was No Doubt at Forest National in Brussels, in 1997 for their "Tragic Kingdom" tour (I still have the ticket right here! ^^)
It was quite a blast.

No Doubt - Don't Speak

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 01:01:01 pm »
Actually, I remembered (found the ticket stub). It was Bush. Sik, No Doubt was the opening act. I thnk that's when Gwen and Gavin met.
:)
Joey

Karla

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 11:49:24 pm »
My mother wanted to see Jean Michel Jarre (or John Jam Jar as I call him) at the Docklands concert so we all got dragged along. That doesn't count though.

The first gig I went to though was when I was 18. A friend of mine was a big fan of L7 and I went with her to London. I think it was the Astoria. It was pretty good.

Unfortunately my (cheap digital) watch fell off half way through and I realised that it was under the mosh pit being stamped on by a heaving crowd of metallers. We had to wait until after the gig had finished and people were leaving until we could actually see the floor again and find the watch. It was a little roughed up but still working.

Took us all night to get home though because of the stupid train breaking down.

I was just discovering classical music at that time though and a couple of years later started going off to proper concerts :)

I'm not one for being around crowds of people but it's less stressful at a classical concert.

Karla

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 11:54:44 pm »
My dad got me into the Britpop scene pretty early because of his band, but i think my first proper like BIG gig was probably Blur or Radiohead in '97, can't remember which was first.

The music scene was quite good as I remember it. I was a huge fan of Radiohead and listened to them all the time. I realised at the time that the music was pretty good and wondered how long it would last. Funnily enough the music seems to get worse during economic booms and better during economic down turns. Hopefully we should have a good music scene developing. (Please no-one mention a punk revival though ...)

Riot.EXE

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 12:14:11 am »
The Smoking Grooves Tour...so my first concert was like...Parliament Funkadelic, Cypress Hill, and Erykah Badu all in the same place (there were others, but I don't remember who...probably because we got there halfway through the damn thing.)

Although based on what I normally listen to, I have yet to see ANY of those motherfuckers in concert (or a proper rave or club...since that SHOULD be the proper setting for that anyways...)

However, my favorite band ever, Atari Teenage Riot, got back together after all these years (sort of) and recorded a new track...there is hope for me to see them!

Offline Pitti

• Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 8
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 12:17:14 pm »
My first concert was Wolfgang Petry in Dresden.  :45

Wolfgang Petry is a German pop singer.
"If war is the answer, then we ask the wrong questions."
(Wenn Krieg die Antwort ist, dann stellen wir die falschen Fragen)

Susan G. Komen

Misha

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 05:41:51 am »
firstly let me say..very nice everybody!

secondly.. i realized that i did not tell you guys my first concert.. it was a slipknot concert.. they were playing with trivum and coheed and cambria.. it was great!
then recently i went to see flogging molly at the rave in WI.. that was pretty awesome too! i got to crowd surf! and mosh!... it was a great time!

also sorry for not posting a lot on here lately..my internets been down and i haven't gotten a chance to post on here.. but im on here now.. so HI!

rc

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 04:24:50 am »

Offline Ed

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 06:19:17 pm »
Status Quo :D

They were really, really polished. Still going after a triple heart bypass at 70, one of them! Fantastic gig.